I get a "please insert blank disc" message whenever i try to burn DVDs (but CDs work)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mavrick0010
    • Feb 2007

I get a "please insert blank disc" message whenever i try to burn DVDs (but CDs work)

Hello there,

I have been using my Nero software for about a year and all of a sudden I cannot burn DVDs. If I try to create a dvd from (for example) an .avi file to play in my DVD player, once the file is transcoded the drive ejects and the program says to: "please insert a blank disc". Also, when I try to burn a DVD data file I get the exact same error immediately.

other info:
    1) I can burn CDs no problem (either data Cds or audio CDs)
    2) I have cleaned my drives (both of them)
    3) I have uninstalled and reinstalled Nero

This is clearly very frustrating. Solutions suggested to me:
    1)you have a virus
    2)your drives should be cleaned
    3)you've installed something that has changed some settings somewhere

I'm very confused and not sure how to proceed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

I did a google and found two things for you to try
    1.Go to control panel, select Nero BurnRights and set the burn right to Everybody. By default only Administrator is selected
    2.Are you putting the blank media in one drive and trying to burn from another one (the one selected in Nero by default). Just check whether you are putting the media in same drive which is selected in Nero.
    Credit CDF
    Or it could be that the drive you have is only for +format, not -format or maybe your firmware is out of date.It would help if we knew what kind of burner you had and what type of blank media you are using
    Last edited by BR7; 10 Feb 2007, 02:15 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• mavrick0010
      • Feb 2007

follow-up

Thanks for the resopnse

My burners are: BENQ DVD DW1620 and HL-DT-ST DVD+-RW GWA4164B

&
      I'm using Fujifilm DVD+R blanks

I made sure that Nero Burnrights is set to everyone and I'm definitely not putting the blanks in the wrong drive (i've even tried putting blanks in both)

not sure about the firmware, but could that be the case with neither of my burners working?

Thanks again for any feedback

Comment

• Dan
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2005

Welcome to the forum.

Next time you try a burn, save the log and post it.
        The pros on here can give you all kinds of great advice based on the log.

Comment

Working...