X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dan
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Dec 2005

My only concern with Meritline is the Country Import Restrictions. I have experienced USA to Canada shipping before and it is something you must take into consideration when calculating your prices.

Extra charges vary by province and item, but I know Custom Fees and Taxes can determine if it was a bargain or a bust.

COUNTRY IMPORT RESTRICTIONS:
    Please check any restrictions, duties, taxes and any other fees which are collected from your country before you place the order. MERITLINE.COM will NOT be responsible for any of the above Duties and Fees.

Comment

• ipaulo
      • Apr 2006

Originally Posted by smkymntgrl
      Who's got some input on the best printable discs? Just got a disc printer and so far have just tried the Memorex someone got me for X'mas. Any other suggestions??

I've been using the Taiyos (premiums full printable hub 8X -R) for about a year now from SuperMediaStore. There on sale now. http://www.supermediastore.com/taiyo...media-200.html These are the only ones I've ever tried, and I have to say that they got to be one of the best. I never had one coaster. The only mistakes I've made were because of me, like putting the wrong picture on the wrong disc. Just today I order these Verbs, thanks to Chewy http://meritline.stores.yahoo.net/ve...printable.html I want to compare the quality of the printed picture with both brands.

Comment

• smkymntgrl
        Digital Video Technician
        Digital Video Technician
        • Feb 2005

@IPAULA

Thanks for the info, I'm gonna try some of those Verbs to, can't beat the price!
        I'll keep those Taiyos in mind tho...

Smkymntgrl

Check for Firmware Updates HERE.
        Read THIS to Find Out How to Find and Post Your Nero Log.
        READ the Golden Rules of Burning.

Knowledge Speaks, But Wisdom Listens
        - Jimi Hendrix

Comment

• rosariorose9
          Just trying to learn...
          • Jan 2007

I'll also vouch for the TY +R printables. See my scans in the scan thread.

Norm

Comment

• berdman
            • Apr 2006

printable media

Originally Posted by smkymntgrl
            Who's got some input on the best printable discs? Just got a disc printer and so far have just tried the Memorex someone got me for X'mas. Any other suggestions??

You can get some good deals on Taiyo Yuden (TYG02 )printable Hubs at Supermedia.com

Comment

• vah234
              • Sep 2004

i dont understand why everyone puts down ritek i have over 3000 burns with this media and only about 5 coasters---my main place to purchase was new egg until they stopped carrying the 8x+r [thats the only one i use] now i use meritline or supermediastore which ever has the best price usually about 30.00 per 100 with shipping

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

the ritek's have gone down in quality and consistency in the last year and half, the ritek G05 and F1(8&16X DVD-R) were especially bad

your ritek R03(8X dvd+R) were fairly high quality when first manufactured,
                to test I bought some about as year ago, one or two coastered, but quality scans were disappointing to say the least

the R04 and R05(16X DVD+R) were even worse

ritek has now had 4 different mid's for 16X dvd+r's
                that alone tells you they are having trouble

the last P16, looks very promising, and may put them back in competetion
                with verbatim and taiyo yuden with grade A media

I replaced over 100 disks in my library that were 1-2 years old and failing,
                many were ritek G05

After a company goes downhill so far and fast it's hard for them to overcome their bad reputation

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                  Liverpool 'til I die......
                  • Nov 2003

I would never go back to Ritek Media after their rapid fall from grace. I use Taiyo's and Verbatims now for any disc I want to keep
                  "There will come a moment when you have the chance to do the right thing......"

"I Love those moments - I like to wave at them as they pass by...."

ImgBurn Support Forum

Stop !! Before you post read this !

cynthia is Queen of the smilies !

Comment

• rosariorose9
                    Just trying to learn...
                    • Jan 2007

The Ritek's have clearly gone down - way, way down - in quality. See my scans in the previous thread (posts #471, 475):

Norm

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                      • Nov 2003

All the riteks I tested over at the ImgBurn forum were not a patch on their discs from a few years ago. When I first got into this it was Ritek G04's all the way.... then the G05's came along and they were a bit patchy and it was these that ruined Ritek for me.

The tests I have done since on a wide range of Ritek Media have done nothing to sway me from the opinion that their quality is very inconsistent.

ImgBurn Support Forum

Comment

• Chewy
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2003

Last year a warehouse in california had these 2 year old blanks for sale(4x)
                        no labels, made in anywhere? Every disk scanned/tested very consistent,
                        only got 200 when they were 24cents and free shipping, my son's roommate got the last 50 to use in an older burner.

2004 must have been a good year

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                          • Nov 2003

OMG !! They were some of the first discs I ever burnt to when I was using my old NEC1100 burner (DVD+RW only). They are truly great discs, LUK! and I used to struggle to get hold of any of those as everyone seemed to know how great they are....

My first ever burns on those still playback fine now and they are well over 3 years old now.... Your son had a good find there Chewy

ImgBurn Support Forum

Comment

• Chewy
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2003

when I was almost out of them, I found out my benq 1650 did a good job burning them at 12X

the nec's decent at 8X

My LG wouldn't burn faster than 4X

Comment

• lfcrule1972
                              • Nov 2003

I reckon they are right up there with the best DVD+R's I have burnt..

ImgBurn Support Forum

Comment

• saneman
                                • Aug 2006

Alright we talked about the best and good. What are the brands that we should avoid if we can?

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎