Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • riffman2525
    • Nov 2006

Question about 100pk Dynex bought at BB on Black Friday

Hey guys I have a quick question. I actually did some searching in the forums and saw a similar question but there were no replies to it. Someone please reply to this one. I happened to get my hands on a few 100pk spindels of dynex dvd-r's from Best buy on black friday for five bucks. At first I was kind of worried about the quality of these discs. I then ran DVD Identifier and got the results below....I crossed referenced these results with this link http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm So evidently this is pretty good media right??? Im a noob...so if I didnt conduct this post right plz dont be to hard on me.......Thanks for you time guys!

Unique Disc Identifier : [DVD-R:MCC 03RG20 ]
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Disc & Book Type : [DVD-R] - [DVD-R]
    Manufacturer Name : [Mitsubishi Chemical Corp.]
    Manufacturer ID : [MCC 03RG20 ]
    Blank Disc Capacity : [2,298,496 Sectors = 4.71 GB (4.38 GiB)]
    [ DVD Identifier V5.0.1 - http://DVD.Identifier.CDfreaks.com ]
  • camellote
    • Dec 2006

Burn the DVDs, test them with Kprobe or Nero DVD Speed, watch the burned DVDs...
    Do you like the results?

Comment

• riffman2525
      • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by camellote
      Burn the DVDs, test them with Kprobe or Nero DVD Speed, watch the burned DVDs...
      Do you like the results?

Yes camellote, I am pleased so far but that is besides the point. I dont want to be 100 dvds burned down the road and find out that I have random bad burns because of crappy media. (I already had to start all over with my collection once because I was burning faster than I should have been and didnt know and better, some were fine some skipped) That's basically what I'm trying to avoid...So watching one or two that I burn really doesnt answer my question.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

Originally Posted by camellote
        Do you like the results?

that's all you can really do even with premium branded media besides for verify every burn

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎