X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sakura
    • May 2002

Matshita DVD-ROM SR-8587

Hi folks,

I'm not sure if i suppose to ask about the DVD ROM or Software but I would like to watch all region on it if possible.

I got a Matshita DVD-ROM SR-8587

PowerDVD XP Version 4.0

Using Win XP.

Is there some way I can do it or am I stuck with Region 2.
  • joegib
    Gold Member
    Gold Member
    • Dec 2001

General guidance about overcoming region-protection is here:

A firmware patch for your drive can be obtained here:

Instructions for patching Matshita drives are here:

Comment

• Sakura
      • May 2002

Thank you joegib for the links.

Having checked the provide links, I am non the wiser.

I am totally baffled about the flashing bit. With my DVD player, it comes up with a list of flashware next to it to D/L, I think about 8, don't even know which one to choose. Also there's a big sign that says flashing can damage player (i only had my PC for 2 months, with 3 Yrs on-site warranty, don't think it covers kill it yourself!!), i'm pretty sure this is just to cover themselves but would like a bit more advise before the GoAhead.

Also where you had said use "Real Dos", the one you indicated is a WinMe boot up. I have Win XP, but I have previously made one win98 bootup and currently WinXP Bootup (which is 6 disk).

Last edited by Sakura; 30 May 2002, 11:16 PM.

Comment

• joegib
        Gold Member
        Gold Member
        • Dec 2001

(1) The links alongside the model name point to "official" firmware versions. These are no good to you as they are region-protected. The version you need to use is linked as "patched 5X37 RPC-1 firmware". Matshita drives are not version-sensitive so this patched version is OK for your drive.

(2) There is always some risk in flashing firmware. A power cut, for instance, in the middle of the procedure would leave your drive dead. If you take sensible precautions like using a good quality floppy and follow correct procedure the risk is small, however. But whether you take that risk is a decision only you can make.

(3) Win95/98/ME all ran on top of DOS so can generate "Real DOS" boot disks. The WinME one I recommended IS a "Real DOS" minimal boot disk.

Comment

• Sakura
          • May 2002

Thanx so much for the reply.

I have checked with that little program, it seems my player is region protected (RC2).

After reading your post about dead hard drive, that really put me off. Even with top floppy disk there is never 99.9%.
          I think I'll leave it after all, but thanx for your help.
          Last edited by Sakura; 3 Jun 2002, 12:19 AM.

Comment

• jarka
            • Jun 2002

DVD ROM Matshita Ujda710 1.08

Hi!
            Can somebody help me with this dvd rom.I have Matshita ujda710 1.08 and it is region preotected(locked).Please help me to find solution to make this player region free.
            Thank you!

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎