Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Artman
    • Apr 2002

Virtual DUB losing audio

I have a perfect good avi and it using VBR so i run it through virtual dub and save audio as wav then i save silent AVI (set no audio). I then close and re-open virtual dub selecting audio to no audio i load the silent avi set video to 'direct stream copy' then under 'audio' i select wav and load my wav file. Then set audio to full processing mode.
    Next i set Audio and set compression to mp3 and click ok. finally i save the new avi (different name).

The above are detailed instructions which i got from this forum by setarip

Problems i get (no errors during encoding)

It only create an audio (WAV) file off 28mb in size every time! loses the rest off the audio somewhere

Attached is the about file from virtual dub

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

1) If you are using VirtualDub version 1.4.6, 1.4.7, 1.4.8, or 1.4.9 (which all had some audio-related bugs), download and use v.1.4.10.

2) Your graphic is of your original .AVI with VBR audio. What's your point in showing it?

Comment

• Artman
      • Apr 2002

Was just trying to show you the original file normal you ask people to post the file info and i thought i do that just in case i doing wrong thing.

I do have an old version of virtual dub 1.3c so will get the newer release and try again will let you know thankyou.

Comment

• Artman
        • Apr 2002

You are unreal is there nothing you dont know i run it through version 1.4.10 and run through perfectly now to try and make my VCD.... see ya soon Thankyou

Comment

• Artman
          • Apr 2002

Setarip i run through the Virtual dub Ver 1.4.10 as above recreated my avi and tempgenc loaded without an error then i run a five minute test. Success. I left it to create the full movie and it failed on 20% with internal audio error. The mpeg file it made to that point was fine any ideas?

I can play the original avi without fault in avi format.

Comment

Working...