• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dazuk1972
    Digital Video Master
    Digital Video Master
    • Jul 2005

Another Problem Solved So Far

The other day I posted a thread for some help about why some DVDs kept pausing and some didn't. We are told here and there about different Media and I thought the DVD discs that I bought were only cheap as in cheap-priced. I now believe the DVD discs were cheaply made. They were Samsung DVD-R and DVD+R. I'm forgetting about Samsung now because they are utter pants. I bought some more Sony DVD+R discs the other day and one film that kept pausing itself at seven minutes and fifty-eight was on a Samsung disc. I re-burnt it to a Sony DVD+R and I managed to play the DVD from beginning to end with no problem. I hope the rest all play OK. It's moments like this when one problem is solved, another problem arrives.

Darren.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

Best Taiyo Yuden
    Better Verbatim
    OK Sony
    Iffy all the rest?
    UMMV

samsung media?

Comment

• dazuk1972
      Digital Video Master
      Digital Video Master
      • Jul 2005

Originally Posted by Chewy
      Best Taiyo Yuden
      Better Verbatim
      OK Sony
      Iffy all the rest?
      UMMV

samsung media?
      http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia.ph...+or+List+Media
      Many thanks for the link.

Maybe the Samsung discs I bought were just those ones. Also, the Samsung disc that I bought were also Pleomax. I found out they were cheaptly made the other day. I suspect a better quality of Samsung discs will perform better. I bought twenty-five Samsung discs for £2.99 and my twenty-five Sony discs were £9.99. I never bother with the discs on those cheap web sites or at computer fairs.

Darren.
      Last edited by dazuk1972; 11 Mar 2007, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Working...