Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • erandre
    • Feb 2002

CCE diskspace error - help please

I was about to try the CCE encoder (Adobe plugin) with Flask. When i pressed the "start encoding" button i got this error message (attached file).

Does any of you guru's know what the error could be?
    Attached Files
  • setarip
    Retired
    • Dec 2001

It appears to indicate that you require 3 Gigs of space on your hard drive for your chosen procedure...

Comment

• erandre
      • Feb 2002

Yes. That i understand. But this is the thing:
      I was trying to convert a 2minute trailer to VCD with all the standard settings. The file should be about 20meg.

Comment

• KETAN
        • May 2002

CCE is a junk. Try Tmpg.

Comment

• erandre
          • Feb 2002

OK. I usually use Flask with the Panasonic plugin, but i've read that the CCE should be quicker and give me better quality. But i think i'm gonna agree with you, KETAN.

I've also tried to frameserve from Flask and using TmpEnc to encode. I found the Panasonic version to give better quality than TmpEnc. But TempEnc also gives good quality...

I think i'm gonne trash CCE and stick with good old Panasonic...

Comment

• KETAN
            • May 2002

THANKS !!

I already have trashed it today, as I was on the verge of going insane. I do not know about Panasonic but I use the excellent DVD2SVCD to make svcds out of DVDs.
            It does not have an option to use Panasonic so I will stick to Tmpg.
            Thanks for support otherwise I thought I was a 'dumbo' hanging around this forum.

Comment

• Head Hunter
              • Apr 2002

Flask sucks, try the standalone version of CCE with AVISynth or VirtualDub as a frameserver. Make sure you have at least 256 megs of RAM if you are gonna use AVISynth.

Comment

• mrbass
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                Digital Video Enthusiast
                • Jun 2002

I agree CCE is a total piece of crap and junk to anyone who believes that it is so. Please refrain from using CCE and let me and others benefit from the superior output it provides. TMPGEnc is for the 'smart ones'.
                www.mrbass.org DVDShrink | DVDFAB | InstantCopy | DVD2DVD guides

Comment

• Batman
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • Jan 2002

TMPGEnc is the "popular choice." There are certain benifits of CCE, but recent posts indicate numerous problems as well. Supposedly, its faster (has a 4 pass mode) offers better quality.

Comment

• KETAN
                    • May 2002

Tmpg needs lower system resources as compared to CCE.
                    Tmpg runs comfortably at even as low as 128mb RAM on my system.
                    Crashing of the process is virtually non existant.
                    Though CCE gives at 4 pass slightly superior quality it is not that noticeable on standalone once you start watching the movie. However for quality conscious people who wish to have this marginal improvement at any cost i.e. software cost + investment in RAM may still pursue CCE.
                    This is my personal opinion and not intended to offend anyone.

Comment

• Batman
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Jan 2002

From a personal vantage point, I agree with Ketan, TMPGenc is the best way to go, its easy, and its been proven to work, and its cheap (can't beat free) Plus for a commercial program, many people who use CCE have problems.

Comment

• Mac Sidewinder
                        Platinum Member
                        Platinum Member
                        • Apr 2002

I agree with mrbass - cce provides superior results BUT it requires a very stable system. I use it frequently.

On one note though - TMPGe does provide better (at least to me) output if you are creating VCDs. CCE is better for SVCDs.

Mac

Comment

• mrbass
                          Digital Video Enthusiast
                          Digital Video Enthusiast
                          • Jun 2002

I've had cce crash on me about 3 or 4 times outta over 1500 dvd encodes on 3 different computers. People who have it crash don't have good memory or are overclocking usually. My crashes were the dvds themselves which cause it.

I think tmpgenc problems are just as numerous. On the front pages of vcdhelp.com in news section it says:

"Many users seems to have problem encoding and converting with TMPGEnc so if you are one those please read the TMPGEnc common problems. If you still have problems with TMPGEnc use the search function in our forum and as a last solution you can ask in the forum."

same token there are huge threads with CCE problems too..so who knows.

anyway regardless no one is right. Use what works best for you and that's all that really matters cuz it's just for fun.
                          www.mrbass.org DVDShrink | DVDFAB | InstantCopy | DVD2DVD guides

Comment

• Batman
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Jan 2002

Nothing is perfect, use what works

Comment

Working...
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎