Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: subtitle positioning?

Default subtitle positioning?

Hi,

Is there any way to position specific subtitles to a different location on screen than the rest?

I ask because I just created a short video address from our head honcho to be put on the internet. I usually use a lower third title graphic for his name, and title (just like the news) but the subtitles embed at the bottom and it sits on top of that lower third. I have formatted the SSA to sit at the top of the screen, but that changes the entire file. I would like to be able to format the position of the few subtitles that would interfere with the lower third.

I've been using Media Subtitler (2.0.1) to create subtitles for some short DVD's. I did find the time format wrong,(Encore) but was able to work around that using Subtitle Workshop for that one function.converting to hh:mm:ff instead of ms.

If it's not possible currently is it a feature that could be added, or is it more a function of the SSA format?

Thanks!

Positioning is format-dependant. Only SSA and few other formats support positioning, but you should be able to reposition the subs using your DVD authoring program, such as DVD Lab Pro.

Thanks, but I'm actually concerned with embedding the subs in an avi file (then converted to a web friendly format) and positiong an individual line or two of subtitle.

for DVD, I use Adobe Encore 2.0 here at work, at home DVDA 3.

I guess if it's not possible I could re-think how I do title graphics, maybe short full screen, etc.

I did run into similar issues with full screen graphics with a bullet list. It's all in knowing early on from the client, how the project will be distributed. But I'm lucky if they give me a day or two notice before the shoot!

Default Black bar problem

I am having the same problem with the black bar.

What exactly can I add in terms of software or do different to make this black bar go away?

Please help!

Thread Information