Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Dec 2005

??? Why bail-out? But I too wish you well

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

I've deleted spuddog's account (including all personal information).
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• NightTran
        King of Digital Video
        King of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

I wish you well too

What a good friend for bail out when you needed the most?
        sigpic

Comment

• admin
          Administrator
          • Nov 2001

Originally Posted by petsbug
          so what happens to peoples power?
          heard this phrase lately? "If we go down, at least we go down fighting!"
          Not knowing why was the hardest thing but we should understand the wishes of the webmaster. we are previleged to be here and that is that. Lets not forget though that the right of an owner is not absolute as suggested by Blu, its debatable. It's a two way street. Digg.com learned that lesson in a matter of hours. Transparency is what is needed not secrecy. Please don't misunderstood what I am saying as this was just a general comment.
          Digg has the resources to mount a fight, and to be honest, they didn't really have any other choice and a lot of Digg users weren't happy about "user power" being used (or abused) in this way. Would you prefer Digg to be up and running without people posting decryption keys, or would you prefer it to die so no one can post anything, including decryption keys? If the AACS LA was able to kill Digg, do you think they or other similar groups would stop there?

But even if Digg loses, it's only a matter of a couple of million dollars (which is nothing to them) and be forced to remove the keys (which their users would now accept). Despite what they are saying, Digg won't go down, and they might even gain something from the publicity. It's easy to say "go down fighting" when the consequences are insignificant, or if you're not the one that will suffer the consequences. The larger consequences, of course, is not good for any of us, because if a site with the resources of Digg loses, it sets a precedent and nobody will be safe anymore. But that's another issue.

Let me put it in a way that everyone can understand - if I was to tell you everything about what has happened or continue to run the site like nothing has happened, then the *only* conclusion from doing thing this way is the total destruction of Digital Digest and to bring a lot of trouble to the people who are involved with it (yes, including you, the members of this forum). It's that simple!

Comment

• petsbug
            Gold Member
            Gold Member
            • Jan 2005

Thanks Blu, admin, as I said its a general comment not in any way am equiting your position to that of others. I qouted that as "battle cry" to show you we are with you on this battle but without animosity as i totally understand your situation and I am sure you have your legal advisers at hand. And do whatever necessary to guarantee DD's survival . You've laid your position and I/we respect that. I wish you therefore good luck.

As to Blu's rebuttal of the house analogy, A house is a domain, your invited guest of course are too previleged to be there and have to comply your regs, having said that you too have the responsibility and duty to look after your guest in a form of welcoming hospitability, feed them and make them comfortable and informed. The threat of "I show you the door" policy is within your rights as the owner of the house but in this instance correlating in collective world of management is counter productive as there's no nation if there's no nationals. The lone horseman was long dead. I hope you know where i am coming from. I am sorry if I stirred emotions.
            -----------------------------------------
            DT: Burners: BenQ DVD CD DW1670 and 2 Philips DVD+- RW DVD 8701
            LT: Vista Premuim, HP Pavillion 9288ea

Comment

• petsbug
              Gold Member
              Gold Member
              • Jan 2005

@Blu:
              You said: "I would also disagree about the rights of you as an owner being absolute" >>>just to put the record straight I said: "not absolute"
              -----------------------------------------
              DT: Burners: BenQ DVD CD DW1670 and 2 Philips DVD+- RW DVD 8701
              LT: Vista Premuim, HP Pavillion 9288ea

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

Wouldn't it be nice if "fair use" reigned supreme. no it's been castrated by
                laws passed by legislative bodies elected by people in north america, europe and oz

DRM in the music industry is dying, people are voting it out with their pocketbooks

As technology evolves, laws and their implementations will also

Comment

• admin
                  Administrator
                  • Nov 2001

DRM is doomed, at least in it's current form. What we might see in the future is DRM for digital downloads that allows copying with no restriction, but includes identifying markers to allow copyright holders to find out who purchased the original, and hence, who allowed illegal versions to be distributed. This way, you will be able to copy/backup for home use, and as long as you don't upload it on the Internet, no one will know or care.
                  Last edited by admin; 5 May 2007, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• wild77
                    • May 2005

Let me put it in a way that everyone can understand - if I was to tell you everything about what has happened or continue to run the site like nothing has happened, then the *only* conclusion from doing thing this way is the total destruction of Digital Digest and to bring a lot of trouble to the people who are involved with it (yes, including you, the members of this forum). It's that simple!
                    That's good enough for me!

There is still lots of useful info here at DD and I will continue to contribute in any way that is useful.

@admin thanks for a great site!

Comment

• Furiousg
                      If you have any poo....throw it now
                      • Dec 2005

It's his choice to leave if he so chooses. That said, there's much more here to be had than just DVD backups.
                      -FuriousG-

Comment

• uufta
                        Digital Video Expert
                        Digital Video Expert
                        • Dec 2005

"Let me put it in a way that everyone can understand - if I was to tell you everything about what has happened or continue to run the site like nothing has happened, then the *only* conclusion from doing thing this way is the total destruction of Digital Digest and to bring a lot of trouble to the people who are involved with it (yes, including you, the members of this forum). It's that simple!"

@ Admin..And thank you for doing what you can to protect the membership, it shows a lot of integrity

Comment

• uufta
                          Digital Video Expert
                          Digital Video Expert
                          • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by Furiousg
                          It's his choice to leave if he so chooses. That said, there's much more here to be had than just DVD backups.

Especially now.....

Comment

• Craftmaster
                            • Aug 2006

count me in

I agree, I'm sticking it out with Digital Digest, for the long haul. I still get great answers to my many questions.

Comment

• NightTran
                              King of Digital Video
                              King of Digital Video
                              • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by Craftmaster
                              I agree, I'm sticking it out with Digital Digest, for the long haul. I still get great answers to my many questions.

I learn all my stuff here thanks too all the MODS and experts, unless it is disappear I will be here waiting for my food of knowledges, yes my citizen is US but my skin still yellow , can just forget your root and ditch it

Night
                              sigpic

Comment

• lilrdridinghood
                                • May 2006

I think people are not realizing that there is so much still here to be offered.
                                I do not plan on leaving any time soon. I also appreciate how much time and work the Admin and Mod's dedicate to get a forum started, the constant monitoring, etc. There is so much work going on behind the scenes.

I do a lot of video captures and thus have had issues such as the audio out of sync, as well as other common problems you run into. I have found this forum to be so helpful in resolving a lot of issues.

There are still a lot of categories that offer a wealth of information. You never know when you will find yourself in need of the services here. I don't think you will find the politeness and helpfulness that you find here on a lot of other forums. Speaking for myself I have only had positive experiences.

The issues that this forum has found itself confronted with is just the start. Other forums similar to this will follow suite.

Thank you to ALL who contribute their time and assistance to helping others on here.

Sandra

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎