• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rago88
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Aug 2005

Leaving DD

Can I just comment about posts concerning leaving this forum [mine included] and the members who are swearing total allegiance and "will never leave"..

Just like we all have different tools in our arsenal,
    we all have 'other sites like DD that we continuously browse just to keep up with the latest.

I don't think there is 1 person here who totally ignores any other site and has his mouse permantly welded to DD and I;m sure the boss of the board knows we all are smart enough to soak up what we can where we can..
    I also think for many of us, this was our fav site out of all of them because of the high expert answers and knowledge of many people.
    Cynthia, Blu, Chew etc...

So, would I be wrong in saying that it's sort of comical to see someone post " I'm leaving and not coming back"
    when all were talking here is clicking our mouse and Not moving all our possesions and ourselves to another city?

I have been a member of many sites like DD for the past couple years so "my leaving" only means I will prob be posting certain backup problems somewhere else since it is prohibited here for now..
    I would much rather do that here and in hindsite I think many "total allegiance never leave" posts are more meant to show appreciation to the administrator an he understands to stay frosty and updated for certain softwares, we may shop at other stores but we are all only a click away at best...
    I still pop in here a few times a day to see what's up with whatever..
    It's just a shorter visit...
    [secretly I am hoping to see someday, " MPAA and Sony throws hands up. Laywers fees cutting into profits
    .. all ripping forums are up and running"] which is up there with Gas prices to fall back to $ 2 a gallon
    effective immediate..
    Last edited by rago88; 7 May 2007, 01:02 AM.

Comment

• Westly32
      • Jun 2006

I don't think there is 1 person here who totally ignores any other site and has his mouse permantly welded to DD
      Well, maybe not welded here, but this place was pretty much one stop shopping...everything you needed was here, so for me, there was not other place I had to go to. So the shift is a pretty big deal, as those who never ventured to alternate sites will now have to hunt down a new place, and you know, it won't be as cool [subjective feeling of course] as this place...

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

I've merged a few of the threads into this main one.

As I've said in my original notice, I fully understand people leaving the forum, since there are certain things that people came for and these things are not available anymore. No hard feelings and all that.

If you do want to leave and have your account removed (personal info deleted), you can email me directly using the email address on this page:

digital, digest, dvd, divx, dvdr, dvd+r, dvd-r, rip, copy, ripping, convert, backup, back, up, shrink, xvid, software, download, news, guide, article

I think all that could be said has been said on this issue, so maybe it's best to just move on. There's still plenty of stuff to get involved with on this forum, and plenty of other forums where you can still talk about the stuff that you can't here. It's not the end of the world.
        Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• rago88
          Digital Video Expert
          Digital Video Expert
          • Aug 2005

"but this place was pretty much one stop shopping...

Of course it was for many people..
          but in general,
          we browse alot to see if everyone else is agreeing or has an answer sometimes to a problem we have that maybe Blu or Cynthia had not addressed yet and we needed that problem fixed yesterday..
          Ya know, like panic time..
          yes. one stop shopping [most times].. is a good term.
          When I want to buy a pc related hardware or software
          I have my fav place but still check around for price same as checking around for a fix when needed.

PS:
          Sorry admin,
          posted this reply before I read yours.
          nuff said....
          Last edited by rago88; 7 May 2007, 02:45 AM.

Comment

• ipaulo
            • Apr 2006

blu used the house analogy, I'll use a automobile as one. Let's say I need to move some furniture and you were kind enough to lend me your truck. Now you being the owner of that truck, you would want to get it back in the same condition that you had lent it out. You wouldn't want me to damage it in any way. And me being grateful that you were kind enough to let me borrow your truck, I would return it undamaged with a full tank of gas. I may even have it washed. It's about respect and being courteous. If I'm in upset, I always try to put on the other person shoes and try to see it from their point of view. The Administrator is kind enough to provide this forum, so we should leave it in better condition then went we found it. I hope this makes sense. I've learned so much from this forum in the short time I've been here. So naturally if I can help the next person I would do so gladly. There is still plenty to learn here. I want to thank the Administrator and all the Mods for providing a forum that is a lot warmer than other places.

Comment

• robertoj
              BobbyJ
              • May 2006

the only thing I have to say about you guys (Forum Admin & moderators) is thank you.....you held on for as long as you could and that is to be admired and appreciated.

Thank you guys...I'll keep coming here just as in the past....thanks again.

Comment

• Movie_Junkie
                Gold Member
                Gold Member
                • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by blutach
                A better analogy is that a forum is someone's house (i.e. it is owned by somebody - it is their asset). In this case, it is admin's house. We need to respect his wishes in his house as we would in yours. If he says, "please don't talk about such and such in my house, otherwise it will land me in hot water", do we not respect that he has a right to control what goes on in his own asset (his house/his forum)? Of course, we do!
                Blu, I must partially disagree with your analogy about the forum being somebody's house and the rest of us are outsiders who are only allowed in by the "owner".

I look at it as Admin wanted to build a house. He got together a group of people (the forum members) and <b>together</b> they built a great house (if it weren't for the forum members this site along with other sites would be meaningless). After the house was built and fixed up the way everyone wanted, a problem arose. At that point the people who helped build this great house were told by Admin, in essence, "While I know that this house would never have gotten built without you, I am now going to leave the very people who made this house what it is completely out of the loop. I'm not going to allow any input from the very people whose input I previously needed to build this house."

No matter how you want to slice it that is exactly how it went down.
                Last edited by Movie_Junkie; 12 Jun 2007, 10:36 AM. Reason: Spelling and Word Changes

Comment

• blutach
                  Not a god of digital video
                  • Oct 2004

Sorry you feel that way MJ. You and I go back a long way and therefore I know that your words come without any malice at all. You know I deeply respect your views and I know you do likewise.

In any event, admin has said what he said. We hope to be able to continue to serve our members.

Regards
                  Last edited by blutach; 12 Jun 2007, 10:09 AM.
                  Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                  [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• Movie_Junkie
                    Gold Member
                    Gold Member
                    • Nov 2004

You are correct in that there was no malice intended Blu. You are also correct in the mutual respect we have for each other.

I am curious though...can you find fault with my analogy? If you can, please tell me where you think I am wrong.

Comment

• blutach
                      • Oct 2004

Because admin actually owns the forum. Yes, all the members helped build it, but it is his responsibility. His announcements have made it as clear as possible as to why the ripping forums have been closed. I am certain that he has told members what he can as to why and am equally sure there is no intention to keep people in the dark.

Regards
                      Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                      [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Comment

• admin
                        Administrator
                        • Nov 2001

Originally Posted by Movie_Junkie
                        I look at it as Admin wanted to build a house. He got together a group of people (the forum members) and <b>together</b> they built a great house (if it weren't for the forum members this site along with other sites would be meaningless). After the house was built and fixed up the way everyone wanted, a problem arose. At that point the police came and told admin that if he lets the people that help build his house continue to use the house in the previously intended way, the people using the house will be arrested along with admin and that the house would be tore down. The police also told admin not to tell the people using his house about their investigation, as otherwise it would compromise one of their other investigations. So then, admin made the hard decision to tell people to stop what they are doing, and also has to keep quiet. Some people got angry and left the house, which was perfectly understandable, while others decided that it was still a pretty good house and decided to stay. And other people decided to make this thing into an analogy about building websites, which did the admin's head in.
                        Analogy fixed.

But please, stop with the house analogies - it's doing my head in
                        Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• jm1647
                          An Eagles Fan, A MenuShrinker
                          • Apr 2005

Originally Posted by admin

All I hafta say is the renovations are coming along nicely. The place looks good

Comment

• Movie_Junkie
                            Gold Member
                            Gold Member
                            • Nov 2004

Originally Posted by admin
                            Analogy fixed.

Well, if we had a bakery and we were making buns...

Comment

• blutach
                              • Oct 2004

A bun in the oven?

How's that grandkiddy Jack?

Regards
                              Les

Comment

• locoeng
                                Who Farted?
                                • Dec 2005

I never did understand analogies...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
                                Walt Kelly

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎