Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yourpal
    • Apr 2007

Do you know AutoGK 2.40?

Is anyone here familiar with the program Auto Gordian Knot 2.40? I've been using it but it's slow. Is there a program just like it that is faster? I don't care what it cost I just want one that works faster. Thanks.
  • anonymez
    Super Moderator
    • Mar 2004

Chances are that any software you might find will still use the Divx or Xvid codec, just with settings that output lower quality at higher speeds.
    "What were the things in Gremlins called?" - Karl Pilkington

Comment

• fookju
      • May 2007

Originally Posted by yourpal
      Is anyone here familiar with the program Auto Gordian Knot 2.40? I've been using it but it's slow. Is there a program just like it that is faster? I don't care what it cost I just want one that works faster. Thanks.
      Nero Recode is better

Comment

• paglamon
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

Nero Recode is better
        I don't think AutoGK and Nero Recode serve quite the same purpose.
        sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• mr softy
          • Feb 2007

Hi anonymez is right; you will lose quality and speed.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o></o>
          Example: Auto gk; I’m getting 30fps on average, this means app 3 hours to encode a movie with average kbps of 2500. I used to get app 17 fps with an encode time of about 5-6 hours using paid for software. You could use the cash to upgrade your pc, Extra stick of ram for example, as this is the only way to get faster encodes.<o></o>
          <o> </o>
          “Nero Recode is better” remember that this format won’t play on all standalone players if this is what you are after. Auto gk makes sure that all files you encode will play on your certified machine. Hope this helps<o></o>
          <o></o>

Comment

Working...