• Show
Clear All
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Hi folks,

@ PShaw ... you are welcome.

@ Miles ... last night I used an AVI test clip with "DVD Flick" and "FAVC0.95" ... and I had to post back and inform you ...

FAVC0.95 blew me away ... a lot faster than DVD FLick and the output file was smaller ... if that is of any importance ... So, if you want to try ... also try FAVC0.95 ... this version the AUTHOR has really improved it from the last 2 version 0.93 & 0.94 ... I persoanlly did not have luck with 0.93.

BTW, my Buddy runs Vista and SUPER does not work for him either ... works on his XP SP2 like a charm ... so I guess Super is not Vista ready yet!!!

Ciao!
    G!

Comment

• MilesAhead
      Eclectician
      • Nov 2006

gonwk thanks for the suggestion on FAVC. So far the best thing I've
      found for Vista avi=>dvd is d2mp. It works for most stuff. Usually
      you can get away with one pass and good results. Very fast.

Super is just nice to have for oddball stuff that wants to error out
      in other converters. Guess I'll just have to lob the oddballs over the Lan
      to my XP machine to SUPER them.

Comment

• jrx10
        • May 2006

just a note:
        then for WMV ... try ...

- VIDEO CODEC: MS-mpeg4-v2 with MP3
        I've been using these codecs for various conversion of FlVs to wmv for input into WMM. I'm sometimes (but not always) getting no audio from the mp3 when adding the wmv conversion (MS-mpeg4-v2/mp3) made by super to the WMM. The funny thing is that when I transcode the audio only to mp3 (without the wmv) with super, then decompress it to wav with EAC, clean it up with eac (no editing to keep the audio file on the exact same timeline, just normalize, DC offset, and perhaps equalize the wav a bit if the original mp3 audio sucked), then import the wav to the alternate audio timeline of WMM (which already has the video (mspeg4-v2 loaded) slide the audio levels to "audio from music" then save it to my computer, the finished edited wmv from wmm works just fine and the audio is in perfect sync. Most of the MS-mpeg4-v2/mp3 wmv container files work fine, but I'm seeing more and more of these wmv files with the mp3 audio not working in WMM. (also if you import the wav to the wmm timeline, as an add-on) the final wmv9 video appears to be in stereo & not mono --? as when you import the whole wmv container together then export it as wmv9).
        Last edited by jrx10; 30 May 2007, 06:10 PM.

Comment

• gonwk
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2005

Hi jrx10,

Boy you are way over my head with what you are doing ...

Let me set the record straight here ... my knowledge & experience comes from just playing around with different applications (programs) ... I am more of click and experiment type of person ... DON'T really have any Technical Video Experience ... so I don't want to stray anyone in the wrong direction ... with that said ...

After reading your above post ... I am wondering why are you using the Windows Movie Maker (WMM) ... are generating your own Music Videos from some video clips and related mp3's!?!?

Now, I have heard of a program called "Magix Movie Edit Pro" that from time to time it becomes available Totally Free after you send in for the "Rebate" ... friend of mine has used it and likes it a tad better than WMM.

Anyway, I don't think I was able to help you with your problem ... sorrry,

Thanks,
          G!

Comment

• MilesAhead
            Eclectician
            • Nov 2006

SUPER on Vista

Hmmmmmmmm I experimented again today with the latest release of SUPER on Vista Home Premium. I ran the installer as Administrator and set up the shortcut to run SUPER as Administrator. Earlier when I tried it I got a message saying "decoding input file" or something like that and a spinning bar where the output file size should be. Well today I opened an Explorer folder and saw the output file with a size of '0'. I pressed F5 to refresh the folder and got the current output file size. When I looked back at SUPER it now displayed the output file size and some green in the progress bar. In short, to get the user interface to update you have to press F5 in the Explorer folder. No more progress will be reflected until you press F5 again etc..

My guess is there's some incompatibility with Aero.

Comment

• guilmon3
              • Jun 2007

Thanks for the suggestions. I dunno' what's goin' on with SUPER.
              On my XP SP2 machine it works fine. On my Vista machine instead
              of showing the size of the output file it says "decoding input file"
              and a slash spins around as the green progress bar goes across.
              Then after 20 minutes it just quits with an error. I'm using the
              lastest build on both machines. I'm not using the Direct Show
              option on either.
              Hmm, i have that too. But it gets over it and soon shows how many MB of the file has been encoded. I think "decoding input file" means it's busy decoding the file. And if doesn't get past the decoding file, then something might be wrong. Maybe it has something to do with the input file. Did you check that?

Comment

• gonwk
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Dec 2005

Hi folks,

Actually Guilmon's comment jogged something in my head ...

"Super" tend to do everything in Slow Motion ... even it's GUI will not pop-up quickly ... sometimes it takes so long to pop-up that I think may be something is wrong with my computer ...

Go figure!

G!

Comment

• MilesAhead
                  Eclectician
                  • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by guilmon3
                  Hmm, i have that too. But it gets over it and soon shows how many MB of the file has been encoded. I think "decoding input file" means it's busy decoding the file. And if doesn't get past the decoding file, then something might be wrong. Maybe it has something to do with the input file. Did you check that?
                  On a good file I seem to get what I noted in my last post. It updates the
                  user interface if you press F5 in the output folder in Explorer. Strange.
                  I did find out though that GUI4ffmpeg 2.1works in Vista.
                  I guess I'll get by with that and d2mp until SUPER is updated.
                  I'll give it another try then.

Comment

• groovasious
                    • May 2007

DirectShow, no go with FLV conversion

Got a serious problem with the last version and the latest july 4.
                    Still can't use "DirectShow Decode" when converting files to FLV. Works fine if I turn it off. So I assume I haven't got the corresponding DirectShow ActiveX filter to decode the file. This was the suggestion from the error box.
                    Have loaded the latest ActiveX from microsoft.
                    Help

Comment

• gonwk
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Dec 2005

Hi Groove,

If you just want to convert .FLV to DVD ... and you are having problem with "Super" then try DVDFlick.

G!

Comment

• groovasious
                        • May 2007

Not the problem gowk, I was using an older version of super, converting files to FLV files with a watermark on the lower right hand corner and uploading them to my site. I kept getting prompted to up grade, so I did. can still convert files and upload them but can not use "directShow" to imprint the watermark. Well can't use it at all, just get an error. switch it off and all is good. I wish I could get the old version back. Pre febuary
                        Thanks for your reply
                        groovasious

Comment

• Chewy
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2003

completely uninstall version 23 and reboot

21 is from january

22 is from march

Comment

• Daz C
                            • Feb 2008

I started using super c about 2 weeks ago, managed to convert 5 movies to avi for pocket PC. Now for no reason it will still convert but with no sound? I am converting ISO files. I have unzipped the ISO files to see if they are ok, they play fine. i am using the standard default settings for avi pocket PC. what am I doing wrong?
                            thanks

Comment

• gonwk
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Dec 2005

Hi Chewy,

Q1: Why are you suggesting going back to "SUPER 21"?

Q2: Would this also fix my problem not being able to run the new SUPER in a Portable mode?

THANKS as usual,

PS - Groove ... whose picture is your Avatar!?!? Looks familiar but can't place her!?!?

G!

Comment

• Chewy
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2003

I wish I could get the old version back. Pre febuary
                                when they ask that, I try to let them do it, if that's the problem?

no idea on number 2

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎