• Show
Clear All
  • Markk
    • Dec 2016

Great post OP!!

Comment

• SaraCampbell
      • Sep 2017

Nice job BR7, Did you do the paint job yourself?

Comment

• kimraver
        • Oct 2017

You can use photoshop to edit your avatar to upload it for various profile.

Comment

• kimraver
          • Oct 2017

Great opinions are on this thread to resize an avatar. Thank you everyone for their suggestion.

Comment

• Outstndngguy
            Outstanding
            • Oct 2018

isn't it easier to use online resize tool?

Comment

• Michael jaffe
              • Mar 2019

Photo-shop is best option for image resize. also you can use Pinta for linux.

Comment

• sean121
                sean121
                • Apr 2020

Wow That is easy. I am not a pro but now I can show some tricks to my friends and act cool in front of them.

Comment

• johnamaro
                  • Sep 2020

Originally Posted by BR7
                  How to make and resize your Avatar using GIMP

First off you need gimp so go here and download it.Make sure you download and install GTK+ 2 Runtime Environment first then download and install GIMP version 2.2.14
                  Now we are ready to go
                  You can select what ever picture you like for your avatar size don't matter.Now Open your gimp and then select file/open

A new window will pop up to let you select your picture

OK now that you have done that this will show up

Ok now you notice my picture size is 450x299 and we want 100x100 to correct this we need to select image/scale image as shown below

Ok now you will see this

Where I have it highlighted in red this is where you can change the size of your image you noticed I put in 100 to get my desired size there is no need to type anything in the bottom it will do it automatically.I recommend you letting gimp auto adjust your size but you don't have to you can add your custom size by braking the chain link I have highlighted in blue(But I do warn if you do it that way your picture may look funny) (If your planning on adding a border make the size 2 pixels less. Lets say you want 100x100 then just type in 98 in the width box)

OK now you will see this

OK we now have the size we want Now lets dress it up a bit by adding a border.Goto script-fu/decor/add border and this will pop up

Now set border size X & Y to 1 as shown above you can also change the color of your border by selecting border color button I chose black.
                  OK now your done all you have to do is save your new avatar by select file/save as It may seem like a lot but once you memorize the steps it will take you 1-2 minutes.
                  Here is the end result

I hope I didn't miss anything
                  I used the GEMP tool to resize my WhatsApp Plus picture, but when I put the resize picture in my WhatsApp Plus, the picture looks very strange, but now you have to read this post. Then I realized what I was doing wrong. Thanks for resizing the picture. Thanks for sharing this post and this valuable information with us. I will try this.

Comment

• josereide
                    • Oct 2020

Originally Posted by BR7
                    How to make and resize your Avatar using GIMP

First off you need gimp so go here and download it.Make sure you download and install GTK+ 2 Runtime Environment first then download and install GIMP version 2.2.14
                    Now we are ready to go
                    You can select what ever picture you like for your avatar size don't matter.Now Open your gimp and then select file/open

A new window will pop up to let you select your picture

OK now that you have done that this will show up

Ok now you notice my picture size is 450x299 and we want 100x100 to correct this we need to select image/scale image as shown below

Ok now you will see this

Where I have it highlighted in red this is where you can change the size of your image you noticed I put in 100 to get my desired size there is no need to type anything in the bottom it will do it automatically.I recommend you letting gimp auto adjust your size but you don't have to you can add your custom size by braking the chain link I have highlighted in blue(But I do warn if you do it that way your picture may look funny) (If your planning on adding a border make the size 2 pixels less. Lets say you want 100x100 then just type in 98 in the width box)

OK now you will see this

OK we now have the size we want Now lets dress it up a bit by adding a border.Goto script-fu/decor/add border and this will pop up

Now set border size X & Y to 1 as shown above you can also change the color of your border by selecting border color button I chose black.
                    OK now your done all you have to do is save your new avatar by select file/save as It may seem like a lot but once you memorize the steps it will take you 1-2 minutes.
                    Here is the end result

I hope I didn't miss anything
                    thank you so much for sharing this tutorial guide I really like it.

Comment

• Baris Selcen
                      • Oct 2020

Thanks for Your Assistance BR7. Its very helpful

Comment

• Rao Shaheryar
                        • Jan 2021

Hello,
                        All you need to do is to log into the control panel of your forum and look up the maximum allowed size of an Avatar, have a photo that you want to use and we do the rest for you.

Step 1 is to select your Photo to resize and crop
                        Step 2 is to set the size that is allowed on your Forum
                        Step 3 Click "Resize" and we create your brand new Avatar from your photo
                        All resized images are automatically converted to jpg.
                        Thank You!!

Comment

• jacksonwill
                          • Mar 2023

thank you so much for sharing this info BR7 it is very helpful for me...

Comment

Working...
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎