Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • badatti2d
    • Jun 2007

greetings, nice forum...

I'm new here, but not new to 'tech' forums, as I seem to run into new problems everyday (mostly, I've found, self-inflicted and easily remedied). This is my problem-of-the-day: I have found that when I encode a movie file, in any format (.avi, .mpg, divx or xvid) using my encoding program and burning to DVD with Nero, on playback the video is jerky or choppy...same occurs when I just burn straight to dvd as data....I have been told that it is most likely a codec issue, and I wondered if anyone reading this post has experienced the same issue, and, if so, how can it be resolved...I currently have installed the realplayer alt, quicktime alt, k-lite, defyler codec pack, ffdshow, and standalone divx....I have also been told that I dont want to overpack myself with codec packs, as some may conflict with others....I searched out this forum in hopes that someone here could help me resolve this issue of video playback that drives me insane

Thank you in advance for any and all suggestions....
    Oh, by the way, I use XP home, sp 2, 1GB RAM, 2 gig processor, and use avira antivir, spybot, adaware for security (which are updated and used regularly) and run ccleaner about once a week to keep this dinosaur as clean as possible...Thanks again, I'll be waiting for phenomenal assistance.
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

Have you try DVD flick to convert file then use imgburn to burn?
    sigpic

Comment

• badatti2d
      • Jun 2007

haven't tried...

I havent tried that particular process, usually WinAVI to encode, or sometimes DvDSanta to encode, then Nero to burn....but this occurs even when i burn straight to disc as data, not only on encoded video files...

Comment

• badatti2d
        • Jun 2007

sorry...

Obviously, from the inserted parenthetical entry, WinAvi is not a good program to mention in this particular forum, although it has usually served me well....my apologies to all concerned if it causes a problem when i mention that particular program...in the future i will refer to it, if necessary at all, as W-Avi

Comment

• NightTran
          King of Digital Video
          King of Digital Video
          • Aug 2005

both of them are free + available links in this forum try it and let us know
          sigpic

Comment

• paglamon
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Aug 2005

And get rid of the codec packs(K-Lite,defyler).Real alt,QT alt,FFDSHOW will be enough.DivX will be needed for encoding.
            sigpic

ONLY MOMENTS LINGER...DEWDROPS ON A FALLEN LEAF

Comment

• badatti2d
              • Jun 2007

will do....

Originally Posted by paglamon
              And get rid of the codec packs(K-Lite,defyler).Real alt,QT alt,FFDSHOW will be enough.DivX will be needed for encoding.
              Got rid of k-lite and defyler...already had divx...
              tried to use the DVD Flick to encode, but after almost 3 hours, and still not even 3/4 completed, I chose to cancel and uninstall the program... encoded and burned 2 movie files using w-avi (in about 25 minutes each for the encodes), and apparently, dumping the 2 codec packs made a difference...these both seemed to be much better, without the jerky video replay from before...one was a Divx movie, and the other was Xvid....thanks for the advice and assistance in such a timely manner.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎