X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • locoeng
    Who Farted?
    • Dec 2005

We could do two of them anyway

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
    Walt Kelly

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

If I cant try it with what I want
      you seem to be missing the point about testing with the trial

to test a 4 hour vid just start with 2 hours of it and compress to 2300 MB

Comment

• photo_angel2004
        Queen of Digital Video
        Queen of Digital Video
        • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by Chewy
        you seem to be missing the point about testing with the trial

to test a 4 hour vid just start with 2 hours of it and compress to 2300 MB
        you have a point there, just seems like too much messing around I will think on it. LOL

I guess I am so spoiled with freeware that the thought of paying is .... not normal anymore. LOL

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

you would have to justify the expense in time saved, I wish I had been using the program earlier, I have split way too many projects up

the 5.1 sound kills you when you get above 3 hours of video

Comment

• photo_angel2004
            Queen of Digital Video
            Queen of Digital Video
            • Jan 2004

you would have to justify the expense in time saved, I wish I had been using the program earlier, I have split way too many projects up

the 5.1 sound kills you when you get above 3 hours of video

Do explaine please?

Comment

• locoeng
              Who Farted?
              • Dec 2005

Because it is so big...

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
              Walt Kelly

Comment

• Chewy
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2003

well I just tested a 3 1/2 hr video set, the sound is 700+ MB that won't compress

the program reads 43% video compression

I changed from default best quality/auto(medium) to best quality/high and it's added a few minutes to the total time

considering the time was 14 minutes vs 2-3 hours with other programs and the output was only slightly degraded I would consider even this extreme test a success

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                  Queen of Digital Video
                  Queen of Digital Video
                  • Jan 2004

What I ment was is it just this program that kills the 5.1 with longer video?

All of my discs over 2 hours all have 5.1 with no problems.

But I have not used this one yet.

Comment

• jwo62
                    Super Moderator
                    • May 2005

Originally Posted by photo_angel2004
                    What I ment was is it just this program that kills the 5.1 with longer video?

All of my discs over 2 hours all have 5.1 with no problems.

But I have not used this one yet.

he means the size of the audio takes up a lot of valuable space
                    ________
                    Montana Dispensaries
                    Last edited by jwo62; 7 Mar 2011, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• Chewy
                      Super Moderator
                      • Nov 2003

my tests with ~50% compression with fast settings and the other program showed noticable blurring and were slightly slower to boot

I would only compare transcoders

Comment

• jwo62
                        Super Moderator
                        • May 2005

it's not going to make any difference what size file set you start with, the trial is limited to 2 hours of video tho

all I was trying to do a perform a test anyone could duplicate before buying the registered version

4 hours is overdoing it tho, even a full encoder would drop the ball

3 hours is pushing the programs limits

the most extreme test I did with D2o was joining the fellowship ext.ed. discs.
                        I removed all but the main audio track.

it had obviuos macro blocks in dark scenes ,but it was watchable. especially on my 5 inch portable dvd player .
                        ________
                        Portable Vaporier Review
                        Last edited by jwo62; 7 Mar 2011, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• elizerrojas
                          Digital Video Technician
                          Digital Video Technician
                          • Jan 2005

Originally Posted by gonwk
                          Hi Chewy,

Q: So are you comparing D2O with DVDRB!?!?

I did ran a test between D2O and DVD? and set my Compression at 50% ... Times were the same ... and I only noticed a "Coloring" difference ... where D2O shows closer to Original Video and DVD? was a lot "Warmer" color ... kind of difference that you see between a print picture on Kodak (Warmer) or Fuji (Cooler) film ... if you know what I mean.

But nonetheless ... with D2O still means "double" the work.

Thanks,
                          G!
                          Do explain again please. what are you saying. dvd2one double the work? by the way, we are comparing transcoders only. Rebuilder, with a encoder, no question will produce better picture quality but at "hours of work" price.
                          Last edited by elizerrojas; 3 Jul 2007, 07:36 AM.

Comment

• blutach
                            Not a god of digital video
                            • Oct 2004

Macroblocks in dark scenes where bitrates drop below 2500 are a fact of life. They need to be encoded very carefully.

Of course, most times, the dark video in the movie is encoded at a high enough BR and low quant so the blockiness is not apparent. But in the credits, you can often see it easily. The question is, how much does it matter if a black piece of video in the credits has macroblocks?

Regards
                            Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                            [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• locoeng
                              Who Farted?
                              • Dec 2005

I typically turn off the movie when the credits start rolling anyway...unless I'm looking for an unknown actor.

Walt Kelly

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎