X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jwo62
    Super Moderator
    • May 2005

Originally Posted by elizerrojas
    I'm glad there is now a thread about dvd2one on this forum. i have been using this program since V. 1.52 which i still use. and now i use V. 2.1.3. this little program is very fast, and has a very good quality output. in my view, it produces the same results as shrink and recode2 but it takes less time.
    Hi elizerrojas,

It was your post at D9 that got me thinking about a new sub forum here for D2o.

________
    Marijuana pictures
    Last edited by jwo62; 7 Mar 2011, 05:27 PM.

Comment

• elizerrojas
      Digital Video Technician
      Digital Video Technician
      • Jan 2005

Originally Posted by jwo62
      Hi elizerrojas,

It was your post at D9 that got me thinking about a new sub forum here for D2o.

thanks jwo62.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

OK, at what compression does the "quicker engine" start to deliver a unsatisfactory result?

Comment

• elizerrojas
          Digital Video Technician
          Digital Video Technician
          • Jan 2005

Can't really answer that question, all i can tell you that last week, can't remember what movie was it, shrink read a compression level of 54%( 46% actual compression), i did this movie with dvd2one V. 213 and i notice no difference between the original and the copy in my 36 inch TV.

Comment

• elizerrojas
            Digital Video Technician
            Digital Video Technician
            • Jan 2005

this program produces closed to similar quality to shrink or recode2(with AEC and deep analysis) but in about one fourth of the time. it also has its own burning engine.

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

very interesting, but let's not talk about "forbidden programs"

the burning engine is of no interest for me since I distrust doing anything before I verify the results of a transcode or a conversion

thanls Eliz..., I am a hard sell and your reccomendation carries a lot of weight

Comment

• elizerrojas
                Digital Video Technician
                Digital Video Technician
                • Jan 2005

if you do a search, you find a comparison between many programs including dvd2one. In that comparison, dvdone was trashed because it was matched up against encoders like procoder, cce and others. that was an unfair match up, we all know encoders do a better job than transcoders but they also take much much time. dvd2one can transcode a three our movie under 30 minutes. i would like to see dvd2one compare with other transcoders. see you chewy.
                Last edited by elizerrojas; 22 Jun 2007, 10:48 AM.

Comment

• evdberg
                  • Jun 2007

On my entry level iMac processing usually take 8-9 minutes per disk ...
                  In V2.0.4 (see revision history) I improved the speed of DVD2one, and the speed of DVD2oneX even more. I even have some small ideas that may improve the speed even a bit more, but I am not sure if that is usefull to invest more time in.

I recommend you always use 'Best quality' mode. The fast mode may be a bit quicker if little compression is needed, but with more compression the speed is the same and the image quality less. Maybe I should just remove the fast mode from the program ...

I tested the engine lots of times with heavy compression, testing the result on a 42" plasma screen, and I was always quite happy with the result (with the best quality engine that is, not with the fast mode) ... and yes, I am picky on image quality!

Comment

• elizerrojas
                    Digital Video Technician
                    Digital Video Technician
                    • Jan 2005

good to see the admin of the dvd2one site in here. on question i have is. the program is fast enough, i would like to use it at its slowest speed for better results, what settings should i use. thanks.

Comment

• evdberg
                      • Jun 2007

^^^ Please always use 'Best quality' mode, as recommended in the post above.

Comment

• photo_angel2004
                        Queen of Digital Video
                        Queen of Digital Video
                        • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by evdberg
                        On my entry level iMac processing usually take 8-9 minutes per disk ...
                        I tested the engine lots of times with heavy compression, testing the result on a 42" plasma screen, and I was always quite happy with the result (with the best quality engine that is, not with the fast mode) ... and yes, I am picky on image quality!
                        I am worried about that 8 to 9 minutes? how can the quality be that high that fast?

I have a HD 60" screen quality means a lot to me 8 minutes means nothing to me. What do you consider high quality? Do you have screen shot comparisons?
                        Thanks

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• locoeng
                          Who Farted?
                          • Dec 2005

I posted a link to the comparisons here Carla...please disregard the encoding quality pics....the link shows both encoders and transcoders as a comparison and I know they are in two separate classes, but the results of the different transcoders can still be seen there side by side. That was my original intent of posting the link, but no one seemed to catch it.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
                          Walt Kelly

Comment

• evdberg
                            • Jun 2007

Originally Posted by photo_angel2004
                            I am worried about that 8 to 9 minutes? how can the quality be that high that fast?
                            The iMac has a dual core processor, and DVD2one is using them both.

Originally Posted by photo_angel2004
                            I have a HD 60" screen quality means a lot to me 8 minutes means nothing to me. What do you consider high quality?
                            HD-DVD? For DVD2one I was happy with the result if I would not see noticeable (distracting) artifacts on my screen from normal viewing distance. Some people play 'spot the artifact', and they will always see something ...

@locoeng: interesting comparison, especially the one with Frodo ...

Comment

• locoeng
                              Who Farted?
                              • Dec 2005

I thought it was a good comparison...even though I think most thought I was trying to compare apples to oranges. You still get to see the transcoders side by side.

"I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person. It's not fair to you and no challenge for us."
                              Walt Kelly

Comment

• Jack Lurker
                                Oh Bugger! It's bust again!
                                • Jun 2005

I use D2O for some movies and get a perfectly good picture with no apparent quality loss with compression levels around 60 - 65% on my 38". It's always a preference thing in my book, some people will stick to Nero/Shrink no matter what and others will try alternatives. My weapon of choice is Rebuilder but sometimes time is a factor so I will go with D2O and am perfectly happy with the output.
                                Jack

The best thing for trees is a bloody big axe! Works for stupidity too!!
                                You have a problem? Search the forums, you 'aint the first person to have your problem thats for sure!!
                                There's a bloke called Blutach here somewhere, check out his signature. Loads of useful info in it!

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎