Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sjsu4evr
    • Jun 2002

Missing AVI Audio??!?

I spent the time to download a complete DVD rip in AVI format. I loaded the first (and I tried the second too) file in Power DVD 4 XP. Started fine and the picture was sharp and perfect. NO SOUND. I have the lastest DivX 5.x codecs installed and even tried the alpha player with same results. I also have the 3.11 DivX codecs installed. I tried converting the files to MPEG using TMPenc (latest version) and it goes about 3 or 4 minutes into it and stops. The conversed files are the same....great picture, no sound. I passed the files to a couple other non-newbies but they too can't get sound. Ok, thinking there's a moron that ripped a movie without sound and didn't check it before putting online, I tossed it and went to a different site about a week later. Downloaded another DVD rip in AVI format. The file naming was different than the last so I figured it's a different guy/group. Nope, same great picture with NO SOUND.

People just can't be that idiotic to not check the audio before upping this files...right?? So I'm just thinking there's a beta version of some codec out there I need. Anybody have thoughts?? I know "saterip", I need to send VirtualDub info. I'm not where I can do this until tonight, but thought I'd look for help before then.

Thanks guys!
    ________
    buy silver surfer vaporizer
    Last edited by sjsu4evr; 21 Jan 2011, 07:27 AM.
  • zoli
    not sure
    • Jan 2002

youre going to see immediately in vdub file/file information if theres an audio, and some basic information too, if its not recognized.

btw, "setarip"

Comment

• sjsu4evr
      • Jun 2002

I'll post the info tonight first thing. Question will be what to do if it identifies audio IS there??
      ________
      volcano review
      Last edited by sjsu4evr; 21 Jan 2011, 07:27 AM.

Comment

• Mac Sidewinder
        Platinum Member
        Platinum Member
        • Apr 2002

Well you need to identify what type of audio is there then obtain and install the proper codec for that audio. Try the tsunami or nemo codec packs.

Mac

Comment

• Batman
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Jan 2002

Divx 5 has very poor backwards compatiblity. First, I would advise that you uninstall divx 5.xx codecs, and then re-install divx 3.11 alpha, it works in most cases.

Comment

• zoli
            not sure
            • Jan 2002

hey, dont rush till you see what vdub says. probably you only need an audio codec.

Comment

Working...