X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • willrc
    • Jul 2007

Vista, Media Centre and XBOX 360

Hi

My first post and one that is made out of sheer desperation.

I have just purchased a new spec PC running Vista Home Edition with Windows Media Centre as part of the package.

Prior to this I was running TVersity of my XP laptop to stream DivX and XVID files via my XBOX 360. However what was relatively easy to achieve then has proved a total nightmare with Vista!

I've a couple of questions:

1. Can I stream my DivX and XVID files directly through my MCE software in Vista on the PC to the MCE software on the 360, if so - how? At present I can see DivX files in MCE on the Vista PC, but when I start up the 360 these files (indeed the folder they are contained in) cannot be seen. I assume this is down to the 360 not supporting the DivX codec?

2. If the above is impossible what is the optimum solution for streaming such files to the 360, and can someone please provide any URL links to the best user setup guide?

Thanks in advance

Will
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

TVersity has a built in transcoder, which in real time converts DivX/XviD to WMV so that the Xbox 360 can play it back. Without the transcoder, the Xbox 360 won't be able to play these files.

Can't you use TVersity in Vista? I believe I've read that some people got it to work.

If not, try Transcode360:

There is a Vista version.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎