X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Enchanter
    Old member
    • Feb 2002

Lame Post Titles Nowadays

Do you all notice that most new questions asked here have been given lame titles, like "Help!", "Newbie Question", and such? Why can't they be more specific and simply state something about their problem in the title? I've grown tired at looking at these titles and have actually not bothered to look at some of the questions. Just posting my thoughts. Anyone else feels like voicing their opinion too?
  • cheftaz
    • Apr 2002

Enchanter
    Got to agree with you! You see the same old titles over & over & over. I must admit though when I see a title such as "HELP" I will have a look just because I am curious, but when I open it, it is the same questions over & over. When I see titles like "tmpg help" I don't look any more because I find they are always the same probs that have been covered over & over. People should learn to use the search first and THEN if they can't find an answer post a thread with their specific prob. That is my 2cents
    Feathery fudge chocolate cake with white chocolate and pistachio buttercream!

Comment

• UncasMS
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2001

we should simply ignore those postings completely!

people should either express themselves properly (that goes even more for the content of their postings) or should NOT expect any help!

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Not to mention double-posting, let alone quadruple-posting.

p.s. Perhaps an admin can post a sticky or some kind of rule that tells everyone to properly name their thread titles. Even then, I doubt everyone will bother to read the rules.

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

as far as i'm concerned, i close crossposting wherever i can.

and stickys, well who the **** cares??
          noones even read the BEGINNERS START HERE posting and we find stupid questions from lazy users toooo often in recent days!

i mean we all started once, but i remember reading forums for WEEKS and trying everything that sounded like a possible solution.

looking at postings today, i'd simply like to ban some idiots from browsing a forum like this!

some users dont even seem to use their brain.
          they download some crap from p2p-networks and flood forums like this with questions, that have been answered a dozen times or they could have found precise guidance in some of the tutorials, that have been pointed out in the BEGINNERS START HERE.

i'm fed up with this behaviour and in case i get the impression, that someone's question could have been solved by simply spending some time reading this forum, this lazyness annoys me and i'm not willing to spend my time when the user himself is not willing to spend his!

thus, all i do is replying that a question like *how to split/merge avis* or similar stuff every guide explains in detail has been answered/explained in this forum and the user should take this time READING.

i can only ask all of you to do the same or otherwise we will spend ALL our time answering these kind of *stupid* questions.

we will hardly find time for proper questions/real problems and the quality level will decrease in no time at all!!!
          Last edited by UncasMS; 7 Jun 2002, 01:42 AM.

Comment

• Batman
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Jan 2002

Most of the folks with "help" or "please help" are desperate guys, so I help 'em under the good samaritan law. There's also a bunch of lazy people in the world and on the cyber world .

I don't like cross-posting, it gets annoying. A more descriptive subject would be nice like instead of "software" you could say "TMPGEnc floating decimal error", sorta easier for us people.

Many question are easily answered by the begginers post, and people should spend some time looking for answers, and they'll find them.

Comment

• hacker_on_fire
              Digital Video Expert
              Digital Video Expert
              • Mar 2002

now my turn to release some anger....

its really piss taking when u answer a question, then never to hear of the person again + they dont even say thanx.

whats goin on!!

people should be grateful for us helping them. also these newbies who come once and disaapear never take advice 'cos its too hard/long'. also i hate people who rip to shows off. whats the f'in point.

breate in, breate out, breathe in, breathe........
              MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU

How 2 post questions correctly
              Look here before posting questions

Comment

• Batman
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • Jan 2002

I hate that, I really like to know if my "solution" worked or not---it gives me some assurances. But most guys here, get their questions answered, then zoom away on their porsches, never to be seen or heard from again, 'tis sad, if they only dropped a post telling us that it worked or didn't. Maybe people oughta learn some ettiquite (however you spell that).

Comment

• hacker_on_fire
                  Digital Video Expert
                  Digital Video Expert
                  • Mar 2002

its net-ettique, i think

its not hard to learn. they take but never give. when they have what they came for they never say 'safe' or 'thanks' etc..

common, how long does it take to type 'thanks m8'. not long. our time and care spent giving quality answers should be recoginesed and appreciated. we post message from the good our hearts (most of us! ) we could be doing better stuff (e.g. ripping ) but we help others.

the worst thing is writing a long reply with care then not knowing the outcome.

uncasms i thinks u should add a few more forum rules about what we've been discussing, not that anyone would porbably read them. But they should be penelities like not being able to post measages for a certain time period or being permanently banned. i'm not trying to tell you your job, but they are just some suggestions, i'm sure you like many of us has got a (social) life outside of computers.

oh well back to nandub....
                  Last edited by hacker_on_fire; 7 Jun 2002, 02:51 AM.

Comment

• UncasMS
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2001

Originally posted by hacker_on_fire
                    uncasms i thinks u should add a few more forum rules about what we've been discussing, not that anyone would porbably read them. But they should be penelities like not being able to post measages for a certain time period or being permanently banned.

that is NOT up 2 me it IS admin business!

on the other hand, however, it is up to all of us user to make sure we *teach* new user certain ideas of nettiquete or guide them towards a community where it should NOT be asked toooo much to at least let us know if an proposal worked out or failed!

Comment

• Enchanter
                      Old member
                      • Feb 2002

Perhaps I could do something with my signature, like I did back in the user age poll. Not very effective still, but more likely to be read.

Comment

• Enchanter
                        Old member
                        • Feb 2002

Anyone knows how I can make the description simply a link, leading to the given URL? I'm not good at this.
                        Last edited by Enchanter; 7 Jun 2002, 03:30 AM.

Comment

• UncasMS
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2001

you should find examples in the user cp

Comment

• hacker_on_fire
                            Digital Video Expert
                            Digital Video Expert
                            • Mar 2002

Enchanter below is the code needed to do a signature like me:

URL=http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8303]Description[/URL
                            URL=http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=25]Description[/URL

to make it work u need to add a open and close square bracket to the beginning and end of 'url'. i couldnt added it for u cos it would just show the result not the code.

Its great idea, i hope u dont mind me adopting it as if more people use this type of signature the faster the message will spread.

Comment

• admin
                              Administrator
                              • Nov 2001

Thanks for the suggestions about adding some new rules.

I've made some changes the rules, and now all forums have an annoucement post at the top about following the rules.

Let me know if there are any other rules which you'd like me to add to the rules page.
                              Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎