X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SKD_Tech
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Jan 2003

I must say my first couple post I could've serched the forum and got answers sorry guys but it won't happen any more

Comment

• paradox22
      • Feb 2003

Not good enough post

You know if you are a computer genius, what you guys have posted here might be fine but when you are a newbie to even downloading a dvdrip, and want to try something new, like convert to mpg and have no clue if it can even be done you get a little desperate . So when I was up till 3 in the morning searching all over the place to find a way to convert my most excellent rip to a mpeg for the TV, and I stumbled on this form and saw that people might actually be able to rescue me from my frenzied surfing and my stubbornness to not quit, I posted one of those... much hated by you, not titled good enough, help me out posts. Well excuse me for wanting to learn how to do something new and for mistakenly thinking that knowledgeable folks like yourselves would mind giving me a hand. And it is hard to search for something when you don't even know what you are looking for! I fail to see how typing a reply " search the form for converting" or whatever is such a hard task. I didn't even know if it was possible to convert these files. Until some sweetheart told me it was and I could find all the info in the forms. So don't be so quick to fly of at us who are newbies! I have to agree some maybe to lazy to search the forms in some cases but you shouldn't put everyone in the same category.

Comment

• Enchanter
        Old member
        • Feb 2002

Re: Not good enough post

Originally posted by paradox22
        to find a way to convert my most excellent rip to a mpeg for the TV
        Then putting that as the post title will do well enough. Titles like "newbies need help", "help" and such hardly give hints on what the proposed problem in the given thread might be.

This is the main point of my thread. I ask for nothing more, nothing less.

Comment

• onynx
          • Mar 2003

i guess you could draw a line.. say, after 10 posts, there should be no more bad-titled-no-search-lazy-hopless posts
          before that, one is still not aware of all that this place has to offer, so patience is a welcome sympathy.

hey, wait a sec. that puts me above the line.. D'OH

Comment

• techno
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Nov 2001

Originally posted by admin

Let me know if there are any other rules which you'd like me to add to the rules page.
            yeh, there should be free food given to everyone who have answered a correct question and also who have given the most help lol

only kidding

Comment

Working...