Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Clode
    • Dec 2002

Problem windows vista firewire pci card

hi, i have that problem, may be someone can help me.

I have a JVC gr-d396 digital video camera, and a pci card with a firewire port.
    About 4 months ago, i install windows vista, and see that de pci card was correctly installed. Yesterday, when i conect the video camera, Vista detects a new hardware and tell me that insert the drive for JVC GR-D396. But i cant find that driver anywhere. I think that driver dont exist.
    I dont think that the problem is the driver for de pci card, because vista detects correctly the model of the camera, but what driver i need to install?

Well, any ideas, welcome.

Thanks

Clode
  • atifsh
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2003

ur camera has a function to work as webcam via firewire, that may the reason for asking for drivers, put the cd that came with ur camera, otherwise try opening some capturing program to see if its already been found for capture.

check if u are using firewire / ieee1394 cable and not usb cable. also disconnect / reconnect ur firewire cable from both sides.
    Seems like as soon you buy somehing, v. 2 comes out 1.5 times as fast!..!

Comment

• Clode
      • Dec 2002

Yes i test it

Hi and thanks for the replay.
      A try with adobe premiere elements, and when i try to capture, say me that de device is off-line, a relly dont try with other soft. I will try later.

And i am using a ieee1394 cable, sure of that. I tried disconnecting and connecting again, but nothing change.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

it's probably the chipset on the firewire card and the jvc minidv cam aren't compatible, I just went thru this with a friend

we ended up getting a TI card that worked great

Comment

• Clode
          • Dec 2002

nop

When i have installed Win Xp, all works ok, the problems is only with Vista.
          Is not a problem of chipset.

Comment

• pfloyd
            Platinum Member
            Platinum Member
            • Jun 2007

Shut off the PC. Take out the PCI card. Restart Vista. Shut off again. Reinstall the PCI card and restart Vista and see what happens.
            You raise the blade,
            You make the change,
            You rearange me till I'm sane.
            You lock the door, throw away
            the key,
            There's someone in my head
            and it's not me.

Comment

Working...