X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • UncasMS
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2001

where is everybody these days?

i haven't seen pictures here recently and i take it mine were too boring to even comment on them.

will a different area of photography make a change like in my attached shot?

EOS 30D
    Tamron 17-50, 2.8 @ 50mm
    1/60 - F2.8
    ISO 400

...and a little photoshopping
    Attached Files

Comment

• Kabuchan
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      Digital Video Enthusiast
      • Apr 2006

I'm around, just quiet. Lots of stuff going on around here and the only thing I have been takings pics of is the kids. I am addicted to my fractals and hate to tear myself away.

I always love your pics but this last one is wonderful! Do you have a gallery?
      That was Zen, this is Tao

My Gallery

Comment

• gonwk
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2005

Hi folks,

@ UncasMS ... dude ... I guess things are quiet because of the new rules ...
        But I am curious if you have the Name & Phone Number of the Gal in your current Thumbnail ...

BTW, all the jokes aside ... I have been busy putting up w/ my Honey's Parents ... they are driving me Nuuuuts ... !

See you guys around.

G!

Comment

• UncasMS
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2001

I'm around, just quiet. Lots of stuff going on around here and the only thing I have been takings pics of is the kids. I am addicted to my fractals and hate to tear myself away.
          keep spending your time with the kids - they deserve it and hopefully they'll grant you enough time for your fractals

i have seen some of them and i like this kind of art very much i must say but i have never gotten the hang of it

been using ps now for more than a decade and since i got the dslr i spent way too much time with it but the possibilities are so amazing and can keep you busy for months without end

I always love your pics but this last one is wonderful! Do you have a gallery?
          actually no because i only got the dslr by the end of july and there was so much to learn in terms of digital photography as opposed to the analog world which i have been accustomed to for more than 20yrs.

so far i haven't had the time to think about webspace and such in order to put the pics onto.

@ UncasMS ... dude ... I guess things are quiet because of the new rules ...
          the new rules have changed quite a bit - that's true but because of that we tried to establish new areas of discussion and interest and i for one wanted to spent my "spare time" on digital photography

i'd love to see some of the works/pictures/snapshots of other forum members here and of course we're not here for a contest

post your pictures or post your questions or both and let's see if we can't have some synergy effects posting our ideas and comments

But I am curious if you have the Name & Phone Number of the Gal in your current Thumbnail ...
          name and email is what i have got; we can look, but we better don't touch

here is one more:
          EOS 30D
          Canon 70-300 IS USM @ 90mm
          F5.0 / 1/40s
          ISO 400
          and as usual heavy pshopping
          Attached Files
          Last edited by UncasMS; 3 Nov 2007, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• Kabuchan
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            Digital Video Enthusiast
            • Apr 2006

so far i haven't had the time to think about webspace and such in order to put the pics onto.
            I wouldn't know how to start a web page nor do I have any inclination to learn right now. That's why I like deviantArt as a gallery. You can start a gallery without having to even think.

You can also have dA watermark your images. I had someone download 14 of my images from my second gallery in as many minutes. So if your ever in Argentina and see one of my fractals, let me know!
            That was Zen, this is Tao

My Gallery

Comment

• BR7
              He is coming to your little town!
              • Aug 2005

For some reason or other I like the sketched look on some photos
              Attached Files

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• UncasMS
                Super Moderator
                • Nov 2001

though i can't excactly figure out what it is it looks fascinating and has something special to it!
                Last edited by UncasMS; 5 Nov 2007, 06:10 AM.

Comment

• BR7
                  • Aug 2005

I think if I did it in layers it would turn out better .Like if I cut out the rock and did the sky blue and then did the rock closest to it's natural color and so on.This was just a quick and easy way to show what I was referring to

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• UncasMS
                    Super Moderator
                    • Nov 2001

i am (or i guess all of us are) curious to see your result so please keep up updated!

i was fooling around with lineart today, too and liked the result - what do you think?

original picture taken with:
                    EOS 30D
                    Canon 70-300 IS USM @ 70mm
                    F5.6 / 1/60s
                    ISO 400
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by UncasMS; 5 Nov 2007, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• BR7
                      • Aug 2005

I really like that You really have to appreciate what can be done digitally on your own these days.I love playing around with line art :0 though it seems to have trouble with things bunched together.It does do great work with single images like what you have above that would be something some people would consider hanging on their wall

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• UncasMS
                        Super Moderator
                        • Nov 2001

Originally Posted by BR7
                        You really have to appreciate what can be done digitally on your own these days.
                        i most definitely do - especially because i spent many years developing pictures (b&w) myself in the darkroom

the last couple of years i hardly used my T90 anymore because i wasn't able to use a darkroom any longer and develop the picture myself and have full control over the entire process

and though i am a photoshop user for more than a decade now i hardly used it for pictures i shot myself as i didn't go digital with an SLR system until this summer

but let bygones be bygones and let's see some more pix here

... when will we see your next lineart picture, br7?

Comment

• BR7
                          • Aug 2005

It's not like I envisioned it but it is a vision.I have never been that great at PS LOL what I see in my noodle isn't what I see when I done photoshoping it.But I have to say I am a far cry better then I was when I first started using PS
                          Attached Files

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• UncasMS
                            Super Moderator
                            • Nov 2001

what DID you envision? maybe we can work out something together?
                            you have a nice picture and an interesting first version here and we are not even talking about the "fine detail" within the pic yet

i know what you mean concerning the gazillion options ps offers - i'm still learning something new every other day

Comment

• BR7
                              • Aug 2005

Thanks a heap for the offer UncasMS I am working on an idea that will hopefully be bringing me closer to my vision It may take me a couple days to show you because I have been swamped at work.If my theory doesn't work I will most definitely take you up on your offer and pick your brain

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• UncasMS
                                Super Moderator
                                • Nov 2001

take your time and show us some results if you like

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎