X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bletch
    Boss Feeble
    • Feb 2006

Does anyone know if "The Machahans/How the west was won" will be released on DVD ?
    Would love to see it again, on DVD.
    M-O-O-N, that spells Tom Cullen

Comment

• olyteddy
      • Nov 2006

Why hasn't the first movie played on HBO ever made it to DVD? That scene where Paul Newman ties Henry Fonda's arm to the stack on the tugboat...Classic!

Comment

• photo_angel2004
        Queen of Digital Video
        Queen of Digital Video
        • Jan 2004

Originally Posted by bletch
        Does anyone know if "The Machahans/How the west was won" will be released on DVD ?
        Would love to see it again, on DVD.
        Is this the one your looking for?

Last edited by photo_angel2004; 5 Jan 2007, 10:49 AM.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• bletch
          Boss Feeble
          • Feb 2006

Hi Photo_angel!

Is there two series/movies with the same name ? What i meant was that one with Bruce Boxleitner and James Arness

I think it was also called The Machahans

Regards

Comment

• photo_angel2004
            Queen of Digital Video
            Queen of Digital Video
            • Jan 2004

ah I see a TV series, I never knew there was this other version.

IMGburn ** ** Nero 6.6.0.18 **Intelli Type Pro 6.1 **

Comment

• bletch
              Boss Feeble
              • Feb 2006

i grew up with these western series...I watched it on cable some years ago but i missed so many episodes.It is really good! But it seems, it won't be released on DVD...

Comment

• julievive
                Banned
                • Mar 2007

Im also looking for a star wars dvd, the orignial one

Comment

• Chewy
                  Super Moderator
                  • Nov 2003

take your pick

Comment

• BR7
                    He is coming to your little town!
                    • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by julievive
                    Im also looking for a star wars dvd, the orignial one
                    Do a google Lucas just put out Star Wars (1977) unaltered version on DVD

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Teckie
                      Teckie
                      • Mar 2007

Originally Posted by bletch
                      Hi Photo_angel!

Is there two series/movies with the same name ? What i meant was that one with Bruce Boxleitner and James Arness

I think it was also called The Machahans

Regards
                      Hi Bletch,

Check this out. I found a heap of classics on DVD.... not cheap though

retrotvtime.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, retrotvtime.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Comment

• jordan9527
                        • Sep 2007

I'm not a big movie or tv buff. However, I would like to see Futurama and Family Guy complete dvd set for North America .

Comment

• frdrck.edwin
                          • Apr 2008

World's most requested DVDs

I don't think so! spam link removed and general videos for movies are going so high in demand that there will be hardly any movie left that has not been converted into dvd version. still there is cahnce for any movie to be adding into this category... hopefully we will find out and will list it in this topic...
                          Last edited by blutach; 16 Apr 2008, 02:48 PM.

Comment

• gonwk
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Dec 2005

I'll second "Geo"s film request.

@ Setarip ... I am going to have check-out your "Wanderer" choice ... I did see the Warriors and it is fun.

G!

Comment

• XweAponX
                              LuK rules
                              • Oct 2006

Look in Pawn Shops!

Originally Posted by Mr. Smooth
                              If this has been posted before, i am sorry but I would like to see "Monster Squad" and "Howard The Duck" on DVD
                              Oh, I found a source for all kinds of great movies, a pawn shop a couple a miles away from where i live, the woman does not know what she has!\

You do have to sift through piles of 'Final Destination 3" DVDs but I actually found the 20th anniversary (2007) 2-disk edition of Monster Squad along with a 1999 print of "Labyrinth" with David Bowie and Jennifer Connelly- Both of those were spotless, in their full DVD cases, and even had the glossy Inserts that come with these "special edition" DVDs.

I also found a 1999 edition of Saving Private Ryan with special commentary with various WW-II D-Day Vets, Pilots, Airborne, and the guys who stormed the beach.

I don't know if Monster Squad is going to be released again, maybe for the 30th Anniversary edition... All I know is that the 20th Anniversary Edition is great- Fred Dekker included some deleted scenes from his own treasure chest, which included Tom Noonan ("Death" from Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey) in his Frankenstein makeup being "interviewed" about how he has "been in film since 1931 and that he wants to be playing more 'Hero' and romantic type roles.

I used to see Monster Squad all the time on HBO back in the late 80's, I never knew it had been critically panned- I'm so glad I found this copy- There might be more copies of this film, maybe I'll pick some up if there are.

Someone mentioned a NON-directors cut of Blade Runner... YES, I actually liked that narration. Also, a Non directors cut of Daredevil.

Sometimes the people who release DVDs flood the market with too many of a certain thing... One thing I would pay good money for, is a new copy of the DC of the first Hellboy... Cos my copy of the feature disk got destroyed in my first DVD player- The laser burned into the disk and now it skips. And I do not mean a burned copy, I mean a real copy.

Another set that was over-pressed was the Pitch Black/Chronicles of Riddick dual set, so now there are way too many copies of both films.

I think this next year we will be seeing a lot of hard to find film being released on Blu-Ray and DVD. Someone mentioned The Omega Man... Well I have that, and I also have "The Last Man on Earth" with Vincent Price which was the first film version of that Matheson Novel.

I go to the Hock Shop about once a week and I grab anything that looks interesting - I make sure it is all there, or at least the cover is intact and the medium is in good shape and not all scratched up.

I do not know where these films were originally sold, cos I never saw them in Blockbuster or any of the stores where they sell new DVDs! One other type of item that floods the market, are the "huge summer blockbuster movies" where they had SO many copies of the film at Blockbuster, they have to start selling off the excess copies when the film in question does not rent that much! Just yesterday I went to Blockbuster and there were three walls of Indiana Jones... But NOT the Indiana Jones 2-disk special edition - They are not renting that one, they are selling it. I intend to buy one, but at this rate, I'll probably come across a copy of the 2-disk edition at the pawn shop.

Also, the 2-disk edition of The Hulk, and Iron Man- And I see something starting with Iron Man, it looks like they are assembling the Avengers, and I am excited about that.

If there is some film I particularly enjoyed I go out and buy it from the Rack... Sometimes they are real hard to find: I stumbled across a brand new copy of "Last Action Hero" - That film was panned so badly when it came out, I am surprised that I even found it on DVD!
                              "If anyone needs to talk about... Other Stuff, refer to my home page" = xWx

Comment

• kimraver
                                • Oct 2017

Nice thread glad to know about most requested DVDs.

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎