Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MagnaPrime
    • Jun 2002

Problems capturing video with Adobe Premiere

Before getting into this I'll list my system and related items I'm using for this project.

Windows XP Pro, 1.3 GHz Pentium 4 processor, 640 MBs of RDRAM, two harddrives, a 20 gig and an 80 gig.
    Software used - Adobe Premiere 6.01
    outside equipment - firewire Dazzle DV-Bridge, VCR

Here's my problem. I'm trying to capture audio and video from VHS tapes so that I can save them onto CDs. I'm using the firewire dazzle and Adobe Premiere to do this. However, whenever I get anywhere from 10 minutes into the movie to halfway through, I get an error where it says it cannot find the capture device, and that the capture device has been disconnected. The Adobe website says that Premiere is incompatible with Texas Instruments IEEE drivers, which is what was instaled. However after uninstalling that and reinstalling it and changing it from "Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller" to "OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller" I got the same error. I have also reinstalled Premiere. If anyone can help I would appreciate it greatly.

Also, if this is in the wrong forum I apologize, it seemed like this one fit the best.
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎