Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ontherocks
    • Aug 2007

1080p avi to DVD (not HD-DVD)

First a basic question about terminology used.
    1) The resolution of a video file is written or said as just "1080".
    The "i" or "p" is written or said for the player. In other words video files are always termed as 480 or 576 or 1080. Whereas in players they use the term 480i/p, 576i/p or 1080i/p. Is that correct?? Or video files themselves can be interlaced or progressive too??

2) Which program can give me the complete information/properties of a video file. (Gspot doesn't tell if it is interlaced or progressive)

3) I understand that DVD standards for video resolutions are 720×480 (NTSC) or 720×576 (PAL). (i.e. 480i/p or 576i/p)
    Is it possible to author a DVD with higher resolution video file and then play them in a regular DVD player??
    I have a 1080p avi file. Can I author a regular DVD out of it with the exact same resolution and then play it back in my regular DVD player??
    If so how??
    (BTW I have tried a lot of programs to convert a video file with resolutions higher than NTSC/PAL to DVD vob, but all of them downconvert them NTSC/PAL or below. Its as if its inbuilt in the program to make the output .vob files to be NTSC/PAL or below.)
Working...