X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • asmo
    • Oct 2007

Help regarding Writing a DVD

Hi all,

I hope this is the right section for asking a question like this......I dwnlded a DVD (7.3 GB) which consists of music videos. As is clear by its size, i will have to write it on a dual layer dvd.

since i am new to writing DVDs with video, what i want to confirm is that can i write the folder on the dvd as such with nero 7 or do i require to convert all these folder/files into some other format.

the data consist of 1 folder....with 2 subfolders ..... the first one (Cover Folder) containing 2 jpg files and the other is called VIDEO_TS, contains a number of vob files and some other files to.......a screenshot is attached for u convinience..........pls help as to wot should I do......

thnx a lot

• src2206
    • Jan 2007

Welcome to the forum.

Is your downloaded stuff legal?
    Otherwise mods are going to close it ASAP.

Considering it is legal, do this (otherwise, mods please delete the following section):

Make a folder named like "XYZ Video", in that folder make two folders but name those two exactly as(without quotes): "AUDIO_TS" and "VIDEO_TS".
    In the VIDEO_TS folder put all the files as shown in your screen shot except those two cover files (.jpg). These two cover files are useless, do not put these in your DVD. Keep the AUDIO_TS folder empty.

Now, download and install ImgBurn. Run ImgBurn, choose build option from the "Mode" from MENU bar. Now beneath the small Free Space icon, there is one more icon. Click on that to Switch to Device Output. Put in a blank DVD in your toaster and let ImgBurn roll. Do not forget to check the "Verify" box to ensure that you get a confirmation that data was written properly.
    Last edited by src2206; 25 Oct 2007, 09:50 PM.

Comment

• asmo
      • Oct 2007

thnx a lot for the reply............

yes, that stuff is all legal.

Now, download and install ImgBurn. Run ImgBurn, choose build option from the "Mode" from MENU bar. Now beneath the small Free Space icon, there is one more icon. Click on that to Switch to Device Output. Put in a blank DVD in your toaster and let ImgBurn roll. Do not forget to check the "Verify" box to ensure that you get a confirmation that data was written properly.
      regarding wot you have written above, can i do this with Nero 7...cos i have a (legal) copy of that with me already. how do i do it with nero 7 ?

thanks a lot

Comment

• src2206
        • Jan 2007

The question of legality has nothing do with Nero or ImgBurn. Honestly Nero is a crap.Anyone in this forum will tell you so. ImgBurn is a free and very small tool but Far More Efficient than Nero, so go ahead and download it.
        BTW, I have three legal copies of NERO (two of those are OEM), I never use NERO.

Comment

• asmo
          • Oct 2007

ok, on your recommendation i have downloaded imgburn. this looks quite lite....

going back to my original query, do i just write a data dvd with those two folders AUDIO_TS (empty)and VIDEO_TS (contaning all files) under the XYX DVD (root folder) or anything specific, if I ever use nero for this....?

Comment

• src2206
            • Jan 2007

ImgBurn will not give you any option to write a Data or Video DVD. Do not worry about that, just make the folder structure as I recommended and rest will be done by ImgBurn.
            Last edited by src2206; 25 Oct 2007, 11:05 PM.

Comment

• asmo
              • Oct 2007

yeah you r right, it is so...i just chkd it.....thnx

but i was asking in case of nero.....if you have an idea .........

Comment

• src2206
                • Jan 2007

Sorry, I do not use NERO, and I do not recommend it. But there should be options available for creating Video DVD.

Comment

• asmo
                  • Oct 2007

thnx a lot for ur help........

Comment

• src2206
                    • Jan 2007

You are welcome.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                      Eclectician
                      • Nov 2006

Originally Posted by asmo
                      yeah you r right, it is so...i just chkd it.....thnx

but i was asking in case of nero.....if you have an idea .........
                      I never used Nero v 7 but I used to burn with Nero Burning ROM 6.x.
                      If it's the same, then when you select Video DVD from the wizard it
                      will open up a panel and a VIDEO_TS folder will already be created.
                      If this is still so, then just open up the VIDEO_TS that's on your
                      HD in explorer and drag & drop all the files on Nero. Forget about the
                      .jpg files.

If you have erasable DVD blanks then you might want to test burn with those first.

Comment

Working...
                      😀
                      🥰
                      🤢
                      😎
                      😡
                      👍
                      👎