• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Blu-Ray Laser Phaser!

Make your own instructions:

Blu-Ray Laser Phaser!: First time in the world a blu-ray laser from a Playstation 3 has been installed in a Star Trek Phaser! Build one yourself for around $100. I "Boldy go where no man has gone before"! Watch the video and then follow the Steps to build your own!

I'm assuming the same would work with HD DVD lasers, since they are blue laser based as well.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • RFBurns
    To Infinity And Byond
    • May 2006

LOL!!! So...who's gonna sacrifice their brand spanking new PS3 or blu-ray player? What do them players cost...around 800? And the PS3...around 400?

Hmm...think if anyone wanted to keep their Star Trek phaser as original as possible...I would just buy one of those cheap keychain laser pointers and use that...beings the ST phasers emit red.....

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

I think you might be able to buy the parts separately (well I least I hope so).
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• RFBurns
        To Infinity And Byond
        • May 2006

That is true.

But for 80 bucks I could buy several cases of those cheap keychain laser pointers and make a bunch of Star Trek phasers...and in the right color too!

But at least if someone has a broken PS3 or blu-ray player/burner...the ST blu phaser would be one way to salvage something out of those expensive units! That is if the problem isnt the optic block to begin with!!

What is the going price nowadays for a replacement blu-ray optic block?

Here..I will fix it!

Sony Digital Video and Still camera CCD imager service

MCM Video Stabalizer

Comment

• olyteddy
          • Nov 2006

I saw a video somewhere about using a DVD burner laser to actually burn things. Found it: http://lifehacker.com/software/diy/t...ser-287252.php

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎