Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • poochpup
    • Dec 2007

copying finalised DVD's to play on TV DVD players/PC DVD's

I copy a lot of programmes for a friend in the USA. If I do not finalise them, my reauthor program will not accept them for me to make a copy. If I do finalise them, they copy and play on the PC but not on her TV DVD player. I also have tried Nero and the same problem happens. I've used DVD-R and DVD+R's to see if it makes a difference but it does not. Can anyone tell me the best way to do this for future reference please?

Thank you
    Last edited by Chewy; 26 Dec 2007, 02:32 AM.
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

Welcome to the forum

Without knowing which part of the world you are in, I would have to guess you are making pal dvd's, the USA uses ntsc and most of the players there don't like the pal format, computers don't care. Changing dvd's from pal to ntsc or the reverse is more trouble than it's worth.

Comment

• poochpup
      • Dec 2007

copying finalised DVD's to play on TV DVD players/PC DVD's

Hi, I am in the UK but I also have the same problem for friends I do them for in the UK. I use DVD Shrink 3.2 to take the files and store them onto my HD. Unless I finalise the DVD's first, it will not do this. So the problem is pretty general and not just specifically for the USA although you are right about the different versions. If I am just doing a copy for my friend in the USA I send them to her without finalising them and she can often get them working but if it's a programme that a few people ask me to copy for them, that's when I hit the problem. Obviously they should play on my own DVD player but I have two and they often don't even do that so I must be doing something wrong. I'll keep trying to work it out but if anyone has any other ideas or suggestions I'd like to get this right and thanks for responding quickly. I appreciate it.

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

you are still being too vague about your problems and not giving us enough specific details, what's your settop recorder, blanks used(if there's any problem with that first burn) and burning software in the computer, blanks used there, etc. A computer burn log would be very helpful!

We aren't genies with crystal balls, help us out a little with some more facts
        Last edited by Chewy; 27 Dec 2007, 02:10 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

Chewy, I wonder if setting the book type as DVD-ROM would help?
          afa the PAL/NTSC thing goes, I never change the format anymore.
          Better to rely on a stand-alone that plays both. Just make sure the
          output device is set to either standard and not "automatic".

Comment

Working...