X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • midgster
    • Jan 2008

Black shading using Nero Recode

Hi to everyone.

Hoping someone can help with the one and only issue I have when converting DVD's to AVI when using Nero Recode.

My movies are converted perfectly apart from scenes that are very dark, the black shading is very poor, not sure the best way to describe it, it is like the graduation from black to anything lighter is very blotchy.

Below are the usual settings I have, I have tried increasing the Video Quality setting right up to 2.5Mbps (so the resulting AVI file was nearly 2Gb in size) and yet I still got the same issues with the black shading.

My usual Settings:
    Video Qulaity 1.5Mbps
    Audio : Dolby Digital 5.1 surround
    Nero Digital Category : Nero Digital (Don't use AVC as I play files on Xbox Media Center)
    Nero Digital Profile : Cinema

Then Under Nero Digital Settings:
    Encoding Method : High Quality Encoding (2 Pass)
    Quality/Speed : Extra Quality

All other settings are left as standard.

The average 1hr 40 min film at these setting come out at 1.1Gb, but as said even when I increased the bitrate to 2.5Mbps and the resulting file was over 2Gb, I still got the dark shading problem.

I have seen films encoded by other people that are only 700Mb in size, but don't have this shading problem, although these files are normally only 2 Channel not 5.1, so add a few hundred Mb's to compensate for this and the files should still be around 1Gb.

I have Googled away for hours but have not come across anyone else who has commented on this issue.

Please help, it is driving me mad!

Steve
Working...
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎