Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cant connect my pc to the tv with HDMI cable.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fibola
    • Feb 2003

Cant connect my pc to the tv with HDMI cable.

hi,

im tring to connect my pc to my lcd with hdmi cable. (my tv is ITT 32" lcd htdv support and my video card is ati radeon X1950pro)
    im having very difficulty in doing that, and i cant figure at out where is the problem.

at the back of the video card i have to dvi exits, one is currently used for the pc screen (by conerter from dvi to regular pc screen cable) and the other one is free.

i connect the hdmi cable to the free dvi exit and the moment im doing that, the pc screen is going black (power saving mode) and at the tv screen i get nothing but no sync message.

i tried to switch to different resolution modes thats support hd but nothing worked . the moment i plug in the hdmi cable , pc screen go black and no sync message on tv .

am i suppose to disconnect the pc screen cable from the video card and plug the hdmi instead ? (i tried it once and same thing as mention happen but i didnt tried that in different resolutions).

anyone can help me here ?
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Your TV's HDMI input might not accept normal PC resolutions like 1024x768, and it may require you to enable the 720p or 1080i/p mode in the ATI Catalyst Control Panel (the control panel comes with the ATI drivers, in case you don't have it installed by default). You might need to select one of these HDTV modes in order to get sync on your LCD TV.

What I would try is to turn off the computer and then plug in the HDMI cable, then turn on the computer. This might help to ensure the HDMI handshake is made properly with your TV. If you now get a picture on your TV, then that's the problem solve. If not, and you still get a picture on your computer monitor, then go into the ATI control panel again and select one of the output modes (go to the display manager section - drag the icon representing your TV in the "displays current displayed" section to the free display spot and use the "extend" mode so you can configure separate resolutions for your monitor and TV, for example, 1024x768 on your monitor and 720p on your TV).
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• fibola
      • Feb 2003

i tried it but it didnt worked. i still get no sync message on the tv

Comment

• gpimthong
        • Mar 2013

i just had the same problem and this trick works pretty well so far. i'm using ATI 4650 HD and Samsung 32" TV.

1. connect HDMI cable between PC and TV while both of them are off. (for tv, unplug it)
        2. turn on PC first until you get in to windows screen
        3. turn on your tv.

hope this help.
        Govit

Comment

• SueDorsett
          • Jun 2014

Hi,

I have recently purchase HD LED TV for my office use and is working fine with my PC connected to it via HDMI port at the back. I agree with the admin that this might be resolution issue. I would suggest contacting the support team for the solution.

Comment

• Art Vandelay
            Digital Video Technician
            Digital Video Technician
            • Feb 2006

what I did was plug HDMI into PC and into TV. Then start PC and TV and go to the video card settings software. I have a NVIDIA card but ATI must be similar. I select multiple displays and Clone the PC to the plasma TV, all this is done with the video card software and update for new drivers from ATI. I do this to watch what I record with Media Center on my 65" plasma and can set different resolutions for the PC monitor and for the TV.

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎