X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Record labels blame ISPs for piracy

The International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI) has called for the European Union to force internet service providers (ISPs) to crack down on music piracy.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • Ollie
    • Feb 2008

I've always wondered who record-labels blamed when they rob and steal from their own artists - their history of stealing money from artists has been the one consistent business practice in the recording industry. I don't think there's been any year since the '40s that some artist hasn't successfully sued his label to get all the royalties he's earned.

I wonder who the RIAA blames for their members' refusal to have open and legal accounting practices? I know they hated the Napster types who provided accurate hit-counts. That showed real interest in a quantifiable way. No wonder they have done their best to attack internet delivery that provided such accurate accounting methods.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
      NOT an online superstore
      • Oct 2005

Yeah, if I were an artist I'd just sell CDs myself, and even ask people to distribute them over p2p. I'd still probably make more money from advertising than most artists do from the record label

(Except I always wondered... how do they become so rich if the record label steals 90% of the CD's cost from them?)
      CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
      Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
      My DVD Collection

Comment

• doctorhardware
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2006

It's called concerts.
        Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

Working...