Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Famous cliches, quotes, 1 liners, etc...

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alien Bay
    Always learning
    • Oct 2004

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't lead a horticulture.
    APOD

Comment

• Alien Bay
      Always learning
      • Oct 2004

"Not only is the universe stranger than we imagined, it's stranger than we can imagine." - Sir Arthur Eddington, Astronomer
      APOD

Comment

• soup
        Just Trying To Help
        • Nov 2005

It's not the cough that carries you off, it's the coffin they carry you of in.

Comment

• dr_ml422
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • May 2007

Rule #1. You can only get smarter by playing a smarter opponent.

Rule #2. The more sophisticated the game, the more sophisticated the opponent.

The bigger the trick, the older the trick, the easier it is to pull. They think it can't be that old, and they think it can't be that big for so many people have fallen for it.

The longer you listen, the sweeter the pitch.
          Last edited by dr_ml422; 2 Apr 2008, 01:11 PM.
          SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

• dr_ml422
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • May 2007

Here's Yogi's quotes Dan. Enjoy.

"All pitchers are liars or crybabies."

"A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore." Source: Baseball Digest (June 1987)

"Baseball is ninety percent mental. The other half is physical."

"Bill Dickey is learning me his experience."

"He hits from both sides of the plate. He's amphibious."

"How can a you hit and think at the same time?"

"I always thought that record would stand until it was broken."

"I can see how he (Sandy Koufax) won twenty-five games. What I don't understand is how he lost five."

"I don't know (if they were men or women fans running naked across the field). They had bags over their heads."

"If people don't want to come out to the ballpark, how are you going to stop them?"

"I'm a lucky guy and I'm happy to be with the Yankees. And I want to thank everyone for making this night necessary."

"I'm not going to buy my kids an encyclopedia. Let them walk to school like I did."

"In baseball, you don't know nothing."

"I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?"

"I never said most of the things I said."

"It ain't the heat, it's the humility."

"It gets late early out there."

"I think Little League is wonderful. It keeps the kids out of the house."

"It's like deja vu all over again."

"I wish everybody had the drive he (Joe DiMaggio) had. He never did anything wrong on the field. I'd never seen him dive for a ball, everything was a chest-high catch, and he never walked off the field."

"Little League baseball is a very good thing because it keeps the parents off the streets." Source: Catcher in the Wry (Bob Uecker)

"Ninety percent of this game is half mental." Source: Sports Illustrated (May 14, 1979)

"Nobody goes there anymore because it's too crowded."

"So I'm ugly. I never saw anyone hit with his face."

"Take it with a grin of salt."

"The game's isn't over until it's over."

"The towels were so thick there I could hardly close my suitcase."

"You can observe a lot just by watching."

"You should always go to other people's funerals, otherwise, they won't come to yours."

"You've got to be very careful if you don't know where you are going because you might not get there."

"We made too many wrong mistakes."

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it."
            Last edited by dr_ml422; 26 Apr 2008, 07:54 PM.

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Comment

• soup
              Just Trying To Help
              • Nov 2005

If you are only as good as you think you are, you don't think much.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                Lord of Digital Video
                Lord of Digital Video
                • May 2007

It's mind over matter. If you don't mind it won't matter.

Comment

• dr_ml422
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  Lord of Digital Video
                  • May 2007

It's not mountains we have trouble climbing. It's the pebbles on the way up.

You writing a book? Make it a mystery.

I almost got pregnant.

It's their money till they turn it over to us. Then it's ours. 1st thing they tell you when you go work as a stock broker on wall st.

There are things in motion now that can not be stopped.

Relax, sit down, converse. My house doesn't always look like this sometimes it's even worse.

Comment

• venson43
                    • May 2008

Knowledge is power

Comment

• blutach
                      Not a god of digital video
                      • Oct 2004

Originally Posted by venson43
                      Knowledge is power
                      Might be a famous one liner, but what a crock.

Regards
                      Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                      [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• dr_ml422
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        Lord of Digital Video
                        • May 2007

Gotta agree w/you Blu. You could only apply the knowledge obtained to the correct situation and even then it doesn't mean you've got an edge on the other guy w/same knowledge. Just like practice doesn't make perfect. Perfect practice makes perfect.

Comment

• Gary D
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          Lord of Digital Video
                          • Dec 2005

Vince Lombardi quotes:

A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.

Coaches who can outline plays on a black board are a dime a dozen. The ones who win get inside their player and motivate.

Confidence is contagious. So is lack of confidence.

Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price.

Fatigue makes cowards of us all.

Football is like life - it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication and respect for authority.

I don't think there's a punch-line scheduled, is there?

I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.

If it doesn't matter who wins or loses, then why do they keep score?

If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

If you are not fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm.

If you aren't fired with enthusiasm, you will be fired with enthusiasm.

If you can accept losing you can't win. If you can walk you can run. No one is ever hurt. Hurt is in your mind.

If you can accept losing, you can't win.

Individual commitment to a group effort - that is what makes a team work, a company work, a society work, a civilization work.

It's easy to have faith in yourself and have discipline when you're a winner, when you're number one. What you got to have is faith and discipline when you're not a winner.

It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up.

Leaders are made, they are not born. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile.

Leaders aren't born they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that's the price we'll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal.

Live as if you were living already for the second time and as if you had acted the first time as wrongly as you are about to act now!

Once you agree upon the price you and your family must pay for success, it enables you to ignore the minor hurts, the opponent's pressure, and the temporary failures.

Once you learn to quit, it becomes a habit.

People who work together will win, whether it be against complex football defenses, or the problems of modern society.

Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.

Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect.

Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser.

Some of us will do our jobs well and some will not, but we will be judged by only one thing-the result.

Some people try to find things in this game that don't exist but football is only two things - blocking and tackling.

Success demands singleness of purpose.

Teamwork is what the Green Bay Packers were all about. They didn't do it for individual glory. They did it because they loved one another.

The achievements of an organization are the results of the combined effort of each individual.

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.

The greatest accomplishment is not in never falling, but in rising again after you fall.

The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender.

The leader can never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert.

The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have.

The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.

The quality of a person's life is in direct proportion to their commitment to excellence, regardless of their chosen field of endeavor.

The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. That's the essence of it.

There is no room for second place. There is only one place in my game and that is first place. I have finished second twice in my time at Green Bay and I never want to finish second again.

We didn't lose the game; we just ran out of time.

We would accomplish many more things if we did not think of them as impossible.

Winners never quit and quitters never win.

Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

Winning is not a sometime thing; it's an all time thing. You don't win once in a while, you don't do things right once in a while, you do them right all the time. Winning is habit. Unfortunately, so is losing.

Winning is not everything, but wanting to win is.

Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is everything.

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.
                          Last edited by Gary D; 31 May 2008, 08:03 AM.
                          Gary D

Comment

• Gary D
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Dec 2005

Knute Rockne quotes:

A coach's greatest asset is his sense of responsibility - the reliance placed on him by his players.

At home we're the hosts, and I never liked the idea of being embarrased in front of our friends.

Build up your weaknesses until they become your strong points.

Drink the first. Sip the second slowly. Skip the third.

Football is a game played with arms, legs and shoulders but mostly from the neck up.

Four years of football are calculated to breed in the average man more of the ingredients of success in life than almost any academic course he takes.

Generalities don't count and won't help you in football.

I enjoy talking to my football men and my chemistry classes and I feel sure that they are quite interested in what I have to say.

I'm getting sick and tired of doing anything half-way.

I've found that prayers work best when you have big players.

If I flop, let 'em pan me.

If we're a hit, let 'em say anything they want.

It isn't necessary to see a good tackle. You can hear it.

It's my show.

Let's win one for the Gipper.

Most men, when they think they are thinking, are merely rearranging their prejudices.

On the road we're somebody else's guests - and we play in a way that they're not going to forget we visited them.

One loss is good for the soul, Too many losses is not good for the coach.

One man practicing sportsmanship is better than a hundred teaching it.

One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than a hundred teaching it.

One man practicing sportsmanship is far better than fifty preaching it.

Play like you're positive on the victory, even though they're leading big now.

Show me a good and gracious loser and I'll show you a failure.

The essence of football was blocking, tackling, and execution based on timing, rhythm and deception.

The secret is to work less as individuals and more as a team. As a coach, I play not my eleven best, but my best eleven.

There is no need for me continuing unless I'm able to improve.

We can all be geniuses because one definition of genius is the infinite capacity for taking pains.

We count on winning. And if we lose, don't beef. And the best way to prevent beefing is - don't lose.

When you were riding on the crest of a wave, youwere most likely to be missing out on something.

Win or lose, do it fairly.

Winning to often is as disastrous as losing too often. Both get the same results, the falling off of the public's enthusiasm.

Yes, I now that you feel you are not strong enough. That's what the enemy thinks too. But we're gonna fool them.

You know, I've been attending so many banquets that I know what they're going to serve before I get there.
                            Gary D

Comment

• blutach
                              Not a god of digital video
                              • Oct 2004

You know, I've been attending so many banquets that I know what they're going to serve before I get there.
                              So true

Regards
                              Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
                              [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• dr_ml422
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                Lord of Digital Video
                                • May 2007

"Leaders aren't born they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that's the price we'll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal."

If leaders were made then everyone would be a chief and there would be no Indians. Who if left up to themselves would want to be an Indian and not a chief. Leaders are born. They just become better, stronger and more powerful leaders when they continue to hone their skills. Hence the old adage, "You want to be a leader then lead." "If you want to be the boss then you have to pay the cost." I always ask when invited anywhere, "Are you buying or crying?"

Comment

Working...
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎