• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • doctorhardware
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2006

Dell computers

I see that Best Buy is now selling dell from hell computers. When I worked there I was told that Best Buy would never sell that junk. I was thinking to myself, since Walmart was, Best Buy would not be far behind. Saw a commercial the other day that featured Dell computers at Best Buy.
    Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.
  • NightTran
    King of Digital Video
    King of Digital Video
    • Aug 2005

I never have problem with Dell, but many pp does, just have to know what you want to put on
    sigpic

Comment

• Chewy
      Super Moderator
      • Nov 2003

any factory build entry level computer can be a bad investment, little or no upgrade potential

mid level and highend ones can be a good buy and allow you to add extra drives and ram without a lot of problems

Comment

• doctorhardware
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2006

Most of the people are looking for the bargin computer. So the upgrade path for the low end is not very good as Chewy stated. That is what is usually pushed better profit margin, so that is what is pushed.
        Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• katzdvd
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Feb 2006

any factory build entry level computer can be a bad investment, little or no upgrade potential
          Isn't that what those "emachines" was all about??

Comment

• ed klein
            Banned
            • Mar 2004

OK, so where would you guys go to get a bare bone high performance computer? I can add Nvidia high end video card(s) memory, optical drives, hard drives.

Since I am in the process of building a new house, I just don't have the time or desire NOW to start from scratch and build one myself. Sooo I am looking for a bare bone high performance that I can soup-up myself as time permits.

I don't want Vista, is going to have to be XP. Either purchase from the internet or from an electronics store?

Future use of this computer would be for internet surfing, letter writting, building, encoding, authoring and burning DVD's and hi def DVD's.

Comment

Working...