• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

PS3 2.20 Firmware is NOW VAILABLE

Check your updates on your PS3

If you can't download it through the PS3 because you do not have a high speed connection you can download it here (It takes 7-8 hours on dial up)

Here is how you can use your PC to update your PS3

Update using a PC
    Required items

* PLAYSTATION®3 system
    * A wireless controller
    * A USB cable
    * A PC with Internet access
    * Storage media (Memory Stick™, SD Memory Card, CompactFlash&#174* or a USB Mass Storage device such as a USB flash drive
    (At least 120 MB of free space required)
    * An appropriate USB adaptor (not included) is required to use storage media with some models.

Update data download procedure

1. Create a folder on the storage media in which to save the update data.
    Using a PC, create a folder named “PS3” on the storage media or USB device(Flash drive works GREAT). Within the PS3 folder, create a folder named “UPDATE”.

2.Download the update data and save it in the "UPDATE" folder created in step 1.
    You can also view this link to get the same exact instructions
    Remember that your Folder and subfolder needs to be uppercase or the PS3 will not recognize it
    The website takes a few hours to update to the correct firmware
    Last edited by BR7; 25 Mar 2008, 04:37 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Just bumped the related thread in the latest news forum as well. Now all I need is a BD-Live enabled movie to test out this thing. On HD DVD, the web connect feature takes ages to update when you first insert the disc (you can skip it though) and Universal required registration on certain titles before one could use the web features (and trying to enter your username/password using the remote control is extremely annoying). Hopefully BD-Live will be a bit better (I can definitely see if being fast to use on the powerful PS3, not sure if standalones will fare any better than HD DVD).
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎