Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cheerio
    • May 2008

Chewy,
    I don't know exactly for sure but I think that I need to Flash the Card with (under -->Program Flash)a Flash Image File to flash the BIOS. This is what I've read about the SATA card that I've have but the user that post is using Vista. Maybe I misread something. Anyway, i will slowly look it over again. Thank-you, for trying to help. I will get back to you if I have learn something new...

Comment

• Cheerio
      • May 2008

I need to use Base BIOS. I think Raid is more confusing. (complicated)

Comment

• Cheerio
        • May 2008

it's optional. I could use RAID or Not. I Chose Not To DO. I am going to give this up for the night just to clean my computer up a bit. Then, I will test my burner again. If it fails, I am going to download the link that "Zebadee" suggested to the user on the link that you gave me. However, I do think that I need to flash the card with BASE BIOS but not for sure... I'll check back tomorrow to let you know rather or not I succeed. Good Night!

Comment

• Chewy
          Super Moderator
          • Nov 2003

zebadee is one that learned much from

Comment

• Cheerio
            • May 2008

Hi chewy,
            I Haven't been online trying to figure all this out lately. Now, I am trying to understand how I can Flash the BIOS to BASE BIOS? This is so confusing because I don't know much about computers. I tried uninstalling but it keeps popping up in RAID under device manager. Also, I tried to follow the step to browse the flash image file under the program flash tab. Not successful trying.So, I will give Zebadee a message. Thanks!

Comment

• Chewy
              Super Moderator
              • Nov 2003

go for the flash to the base bios

someone over at cdfreaks will have done it and can help

Comment

• Cheerio
                • May 2008

Okay. I've just finished reading the posts and doing a little research online. (3 hours) LMAO! Anyway, I've just downloaded the link for BASE BIOS for SIL3512.

Oh, here's the link on what SATA Controller Card that I've Purchased.

I will give you a update later.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎