X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • csavadia
    • Jun 2008

Media Subtitler V2.0.5

All,

I am a newbee to this forum and it has been a pleasure discovering a great program like Media Subtitler.

Having used the application to put sub titiles on a .mpg file, i am seeing some really unexplainable results. The subtitles for the first stanza disappear very fast and from the seconds stanza it behaves normally.

I have checked the subtitles in the "preview only" mode in the application and it does the same thing.

I have ripped a song clip from a DVD to create the .mpg file which I have then used in the Media Subtitler application.

Anyone can through some light on this problem.

Thanks
  • csavadia
    • Jun 2008

All,

I just wanted to correct myself on the post I made. When viewing the subtitiles in the "Preview mode" it looks fine and behaves the way it should but when using the "embeding the subtitle" option, it creates an AVI file. This AVI file viewed in WMP v11 is out of synch.

Can anyone explain this please?

I am using VirtualDub 1.8.0 and Windows XP Sp2

Rgds

Comment

• csavadia
      • Jun 2008

Admin,

Is there no possible solution for this?

Comment

• Newrone
        • Jul 2008

Looks like the house is deserted .

I got exactly the same problem... amongst a host of others!

Comment

• Monobi
          • Jul 2008

I made it work, I put all the text in a *.txt file with breakline and then I open the file from menu, all went great, but after that I realized that the program sucks

1 - you can`t control movie backward and forward with shortcut buttons because they don`t work
          2 - after you mark the starting point for a subtitle row it`s very hard to rearrange it
          3 - you can`t view the starting point of a subtitle row unless you are in preview mode
          4 - you can`t view more that one subtitle row in graphical mode (where the sound is) so you don`t know if two subtitle rows are overlapping somewhere
          5 - when you try to synchronize a subtitle row in the timeline, movie has to play, so you must have the agility of a fox, with one eye on the audio stream and the other on the text you put to know when you must release the mouse button

Here are some advice to Media Subtitler V2.0.5 creators

Take a look at overstream.net, that subtitle tool is all most perfect, but laks:

1 - audio stream bar (which help you synchronize subtitle row)
          2 - is an online tool (which works only with online video)

What overstream.net online subtitle tool has is:

1 - graphic view for each subtitle row
          2 - drag & drop along the video timeline of the graphical representation of a subtitle row (for synchronize)
          3 - zooming the movie timeline to better control forward and backward
          4 - easy define the start and ending point of a subtitle row (after you selected in graphic view)

Conclusion: It`s a good program but it`s very hard to work with it

Comment

• gonwk
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2005

Hi folks,

Monobi ... good post.

G!

Comment

Working...