Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johnyboy10
    • Jul 2008

How to burn m2ts to DVD

I have recently purchased the Sony HDR-S12 HD digital camcorder and I like it very much. I have set the output quality to maximum (1080, I presume). I use Nero 8 to burn the M2TS files onto a regurlar DVD, but the quality is pretty poor, I have tried to set the output quality to "high quality".. Does anyone know how to burn M2TS files onto a regurlar DVD while keeping the quality? I see all the Hollywood movies from DVD and their quality is perfect. Is there a way to burn these M2TS (AVHCD) files onto regurlar DVD in good quality?

Anyone please help...

Thanks,
  • ed klein
    Banned
    • Mar 2004

Not if you want to output at 1080P.

If you want to output at something less than 1080P on a std def DVD then use an upscale player to get an output of 1080P

This is what I would do:

Input the M2TS files into tsmuxer, set the output to blu-ray structure.

Burn the blu-ray structure to a BD-5, BD-9, BD-R or BD-RE using imgburn

Comment

• Johnyboy10
      • Jul 2008

Dear Eddie,

Many thanks for your reply. I have no clue what tsmuxer is, but I will investigate this.

I want to burn the M2TS files onto a DVD (4,7GB), but I want the quality to be good as when I watch normal DVD movies which I rent.

Is Nero or Unlead DVD MovieFactory Plus HD not a good way to make DVD's?

I'm so lost in this, I have spent many hours on trying to make a DVD in decent quality, but without any luck.

I have heard the Apple has an application called DVD Studio Pro and than one can make DVD's in good quality, but does a Windows program exist which can make (burn) a good DVD?

Please advise, many thanks in advanced.

Comment

• blutach
        Not a god of digital video
        • Oct 2004

tsmuxer

Regards
        Les

Essential progs - [PgcEdit] [VobBlanker] [MenuShrink] [IfoEdit] [Muxman] [DVD Remake Pro] [DVD Rebuilder] [BeSweet] [Media Player Classic] [DVDSubEdit] [ImgBurn]

Media and Burning - [Golden Rules of Burning] [Media quality] [Fix your DMA] [Update your Firmware] [What's my Media ID Code?] [How to test your disc]
        [What's bitsetting?] [Burn dual layer disks safely] [Why not to burn with Ner0] [Interpret Ner0's burn errors] [Got bad playback?] [Burner/Media compatibility]

Cool Techniques - [2COOL's guides] [Clean your DVD] [Join a flipper] [Split into 2 DVDs] [Save heaps of Mb] [How to mock strip] [Cool Insert Clips]

Real useful info - [FAQ INDEX] [Compression explained] [Logical Remapping of Enabled Streams] [DVD-Replica] [Fantastic info on DVDs]

You should only use genuine Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden media. Many thanks to www.pcx.com.au for their supply and great service.

Explore the sites and the programs - there's a gold mine of information in them

Don't forget to play the Digital Digest Quiz!!! (Click here)

Comment

• ed klein
          Banned
          • Mar 2004

A BD-5 is a blu-ray structure built on (in my case) a DVD+R (4.7gb)

A BD-9 is a blu-ray structure built on (in my case) a DVD+R DL (8.5gb)

These are the standard DVD-5 and DVD-9 used in standard defination movies

Comment

• Johnyboy10
            • Jul 2008

I tried that and when I burn the BD output using imgburn, (I created a folder and chose to burn the folder with the files tsmuxer has created). I'm not able to play these in any player on my PC? Am I doing something wrong?

I noticed that tsmuxer has created lots of folder's (Blueray folder's) and will these be burned as a normal DVD?

When you mention that BD-5 is a normal DVD (4,7) ... This is where I'm lost.

Isn't there another way to create a DVD in good quality?

Please help...

PS: Is Sony Vegas, Adobe Encore or any other application good to make good quality DVD's?

Thanks,

Comment

• ejeffay
              • Sep 2008

hey there

I am in the same shoes as you buddy.

I have myself a Sony HDR-SR11 60Gig HD Camcorder and am boggled as to how to get the best possible quality onto a standard DVD.

Thus far i have tried TMPGEnc, Sony Vegas, Pinnacle Studio 12, DVD Flicks and Nero itself. So far, the best results from from Pinnacle Studio 12. I'm very interested in this software mentioned here and am willing to give it a try, i will let you know if this software is any better then any of these. Will be back to update you soon.

Cheers!

hmmmmmm so i tried burning with tsmuxer but i can't for some reason...when i go to add my files it says this
              "Some tracks not recognized. This tracks was ignored. Filename: "C:\ <'Directory of file'>"

any ideas?

by the way i specifically joined this forum for this reason ...

so apparently i had an older version (stupid me)...downloaded the new version and it converted using the blu ray structure as 'eddie' had suggested...
              but im having trouble as to how to use imgburn to burn the files that tsmuxer has made....

do i just burn them as data? theres no specific setting that i'm to use?
              Last edited by blutach; 9 Sep 2008, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• sia
                • Jun 2009

we do not want commercial ads here

Here is the guide link for how to burn M2TS to DVD and you can also burn TS, MTS, TP, TRP to DVD. Hope that will help you!
                Last edited by UncasMS; 7 Jun 2009, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• PurpleDemon
                  Digital Video Expert
                  Digital Video Expert
                  • Mar 2006

Originally Posted by sia
                  Here is the guide link for how to burn M2TS to DVD and you can also burn TS, MTS, TP, TRP to DVD. Hope that will help you!

What Link?

Comment

• copyless
                    Digital Video Expert
                    Digital Video Expert
                    • Apr 2006

No Link, but I guess it is the address in the header.

Comment

• PurpleDemon
                      Digital Video Expert
                      Digital Video Expert
                      • Mar 2006

Thanks.

Ouch. They want money.

I am addicted to freeware

Comment

• Riho
                        • Jun 2009

Same problem!

Superb camera, but lousy if you look at the result on DVD. I'm using the standard software but am searching for something that is supporting the quality of this camera's images without going to blue ray, because blue ray is still not used that much and I want to make DVDs that can be given to others.

I'm watching closely how this will be solved. I am using other forums also to find a solution and I will keep you informed.

Riho

Comment

• UncasMS
                          Super Moderator
                          • Nov 2001

you may want to consider one of these solutions:

- output to AVCHD and burn the structure to DVD5/9 to be played on most blu-ray player
                          - use AVStoDVD to convert blu-ray input to dvd
                          Last edited by UncasMS; 7 Jun 2009, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• gonwk
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            Lord of Digital Video
                            • Dec 2005

Hi AutumnTree,

THANKS for the link (even though I am Windows guy) and WELCOME Aboard!

G!

Comment

• zimmer29
                              • Oct 2009

For Mac users:
                              1. Open iDVD
                              2. Click "Create New Project"
                              3. Save it.
                              4. Drag the video clip into iDVD.
                              5. If you don't want a menu, click View -> Show Map. Then, arrange the video clip before the menu, click it, click Advanced -> Loop.
                              6. Burn.

For Windows users: check the windows dvd maker, it is free

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎