Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EA: PS3 Red Alert 3 Cancellation Due to 'Exotic and Tough' Development Environment

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

EA: PS3 Red Alert 3 Cancellation Due to 'Exotic and Tough' Development Environment

Following the indefinite hold of the PlayStation 3 version of EALA's Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (PC, 360), publisher Electronic Arts has revealed that the title was shelved due to development issues on the platform.

Strange decision. Surely a RTS can't be that complex graphically to make it hard to develop on the PS3, and especially now that so much time has past to allow developers to get familiar with the PS3 architecture.

I suspect this game was designed with PC/Xbox 360 in mind first, and the port to the PS3 was just an after-thought. Everyone knows that doing it this way is the hard way, going from PS3 to PC/Xbox 360 port is much easier.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

I really wish EA would go belly up.I am so sick and tired of their BS

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• Budreaux
      • Jan 2006

Originally Posted by BR7
      I really wish EA would go belly up.I am so sick and tired of their BS
      Not gonna happen, especially since the acquired Mythic Entertainment.
      Mythic's huge success in the MMO market with DAoC has led to a huge expectation in their newest release, out 1st quarter 09, Warhammer.
      This game will net them millions on a monthly basis. Their biggest competitor is Blizzard's World of Warcraft, which has 8 million subscribers. We can expect 2 miliion to move to Warhammer.... 2 million subs at $15 each a month, well, that;s a lot of change.

Comment

• admin
        Administrator
        • Nov 2001

EA is like Microsoft, a giant that is awkward and inefficient. But a giant it is, and so it will probably be the last to fail. Don't worry, I think they've learnt their lesson from this and will develop for the PS3 first and then port over to the PC/360. They've lost a lot of money from the failed porting of RA3 too, don't forget.
        Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎