X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Paramount Offers $10 Discount for Blu-ray Upgrade

Paramount Home Entertainment is set to offer DVD collectors a $10 rebate when they upgrade select Paramount and DreamWorks titles to Blu-ray Disc.

Mail-in certificates will be available in the packages for Blu-ray copies of Transformers, The Godfather, Old School, Stardust, Sweeney Todd and Zodiac. To receive the $10 savings, consumers must fill out the certificate and include the proof-of-purchase tabs from both the DVD and Blu-ray versions of the title, along with the receipt for the Blu-ray version. The purchase must be made by Dec. 31, 2009, and rebate requests must be postmarked by Jan. 31, 2010.
    www.HomeMediaMagazine.com covers breaking news about the home entertainment industry. News on Blu-ray, high-definition, electronic delivery, TV DVD, and video games, including studios and retailer news, industry event photos, polls, commentary & information.

Interesting idea.

The end date for this offer, 2010, seems a bit strange. A very long running promotion this one.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Does it matter when the DVD was purchased? I have Transformers (Christmas gift)... and it could be useful.
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• ed klein
      Banned
      • Mar 2004

I have had nothing but trouble associated with rebates, to me they are not worth the time and effort.

Just use your standard defination movie and play it on an upscale DVD player and it will output at 1080p and output the signal thru HDMI to your HDTV and then you have high defination at 1080p.

You will have a hard time seeing any video difference on a true high defination movie, like a Blu-ray structure also output at 1080p, like the commercial high defination BD-ROM disk they are talking about.
      Even if you build the Blu-ray structure yourself on a DVD+R DL or BD-R disk the picture quality will be the same at 1080p.

Last edited by ed klein; 16 Aug 2008, 09:30 AM.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
        NOT an online superstore
        • Oct 2005

Well, our Blockbuster: Total Access plan allows us to trade in rented DVD movies for Blu-Ray at the store... so I can take some home to try out without paying anything.

But if I can see a big difference in some of my favorites (most of those made by FOX though), I might just want to buy the Blu-Ray for myself... and even though it's a PITA to deal with rebates, since I'm only a kid I can use every dollar I can get.
        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
        Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
        My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡