X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

160GB PS3 confirmed for October

Barely a month after Sony announced the 80GB version of the PlayStation 3, it performed its usual bait-and-switch and bestowed upon us a console with a 160GB hard drive at a premium price point.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • copyless
    Digital Video Expert
    Digital Video Expert
    • Apr 2006

They only mention the HD there, I wonder if it will be like the original systems were, where the 160GB will also have a few extra features. I find it hard to believe it will be priced $100 more for only 80GB of extra space, especially since you could buy a 250GB HD for $100, and just put it in.

Comment

• dr_ml422
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • May 2007

Admin that's too much $$$ for extra 80gb. You could actually add a hd to a ps3 and do w/e like load movies into it? Or just their stuff?

That comment the guy left in that link about it not being a bait and switch is wrong. It's a bait and switch if you just purchased the 80gb for $400 and now this just came out. I just noticed this thread is almost 6 mos. old. I'm going to have to catch up on this hd thing and keep abreast of all these goodies. Those solid state drives is what has me open right now also.
      SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

Working...