Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

DVD Flick 1.3.0.4 is Available

DVD Flick 1.3.0.1
  • Chewy
    Super Moderator
    • Nov 2003

It's been working so good I hate to upgrade, but the program has improved so much this last year I couldn't resist

thanks gonwk

testing it now

Comment

• MilesAhead
      Eclectician
      • Nov 2006

Yet another bug fix : 1.3.0.2

Comment

• NightTran
        King of Digital Video
        King of Digital Video
        • Aug 2005

new Flick Can't do MKV file the old one 1.2.2.1 can do it
        sigpic

Comment

• MilesAhead
          Eclectician
          • Nov 2006

It's funny but what crashes and hangs it seems to change with the release.
          FAVC 1.07 seems to be able to handle MKV if you limit the max bitrate setting to 6000 and use QuEnc to do the AC3 audio instead of Aften. There seemed to be some extra preliminary step but I didn't read the log to see what it was. All I know is it completed the DVD.

Comment

• samfaulk
            dvdnoob
            • Oct 2008

I have been using a guide from http://www.digital-digest.com/ and made a dvd that works on my laptop. however, it does not work on my standalone dvd player. Does anyone else have this trouble? I wondered if it was to do with using a rewriteable dvd. or maybe the way that the files are saved on the disk as there appears to be nothing in the audio_ts folder. Also the dvd menu does not work on the laptop.

If anyone can answer or recommend another thread then that would be great!
            cheers
            Last edited by samfaulk; 13 Oct 2008, 01:36 AM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
              Eclectician
              • Nov 2006

What are you using to burn the DVD?

Comment

• samfaulk
                dvdnoob
                • Oct 2008

For the first title, I added a .avi (duration: 1.49.11 hrs. PAL, Mpeg4, 608x336 25fps file and followed the 'how to make a simple Dvd' instructions with no luck:

I Am using version 1.3.0.2 of 'dvd flick' and ticked the 'burn project to disk' in dvdflick rather than going through external burning software. So I guess it automatically uses imgburn.exe.

hopefully this information helps you to understand my problem better.

kind regards, sam

Comment

• MilesAhead
                  Eclectician
                  • Nov 2006

You might post a screen shot of the Imgburn Write Options settings. Somebody may see
                  something there. Also when you post a link you might post it right to the guide. I don't see it.

Comment

• gonwk
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    Lord of Digital Video
                    • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by NightTran
                    new Flick Can't do MKV file the old one 1.2.2.1 can do it
                    Hi NT,

Long time no see or hear! How are things!?!?

BTW, Thanks for the Heads Up on version 1.2.2.1. That is why I save all the versions ... just for the rainy days.

I wish I had saved the Many Great Guides that we used to have here on DVF! Oh well ... Live & Learn!

G! (ahhh ... another month and half and SANTA is Here!, I wonder what he will bring me!?!?)

Comment

• gonwk
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      Lord of Digital Video
                      • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by samfaulk
                      ... made a dvd that works on my laptop. however, it does not work on my standalone dvd player... using a rewriteable dvd ... or maybe the way that the files are saved on the disk as there appears to be nothing in the audio_ts folder. ....
                      If anyone can answer or recommend another thread then that would be great!
                      cheers
                      Hi Samfaulk,

1) The AUDIO_TS folder being Empty is just the way supposed to be. Under your DVD title ... let say IRON MAN ... you will have the folowing look
                      - - - - Main Folder = IRON MAN
                      - - - - - - - - - AUDIO_TS
                      - - - - - - - - - VIDEO_TS

2) Have you ever burned another Movie or Video on a "Rewritable DVD" and has it worked on your Stand-alone?

3) I would suggest you do this ... Get the ISO file from "DVD Flick" and after you exit ... then Burn it with ImgBurn.

Use a DVD+R and if you can set your DVD Burner to Bitset to DVD-ROM. ImgBurn allows multiple Brands of DVD Burner to bitset.

If you bitset DVD+R to DVD-ROM ... it will play on any old Home Standalone DVD Players.

4) Can't help you with Menu since I have no need for them ... so I have not mess around with that feature!

Hope this was of some help!

G!
                      Last edited by gonwk; 14 Oct 2008, 05:22 AM. Reason: typing errors

Comment

• NightTran
                        King of Digital Video
                        King of Digital Video
                        • Aug 2005

Originally Posted by gonwk
                        Hi NT,

Long time no see or hear! How are things!?!?

BTW, Thanks for the Heads Up on version 1.2.2.1. That is why I save all the versions ... just for the rainy days.

I wish I had saved the Many Great Guides that we used to have here on DVF! Oh well ... Live & Learn!

G! (ahhh ... another month and half and SANTA is Here!, I wonder what he will bring me!?!?)
                        this is the link of all version

DVD Flick aims to be a simple but at the same time powerful DVD Converting and Authoring tool.
                        sigpic

Comment

• samfaulk
                          dvdnoob
                          • Oct 2008

Originally Posted by MilesAhead
                          You might post a screen shot of the Imgburn Write Options settings. Somebody may see
                          something there. Also when you post a link you might post it right to the guide. I don't see it.
                          I dont know if you can see the attachment but i was wondering if DVD +r options should be checked

I havent tried a normal dvd r disk yet but im tempted to buy some so i can try that.

I first used the walkthrough on this link: http://www.digital-digest.com/articl...ick_page1.html
                          but the second time I used the guide which comes with dvd flick.

also I had another go and the menu system works now, i guess i made some error the first time when the menu didnt work.

ps. thanks for the promt replies!
                          Attached Files

Comment

• MilesAhead
                            Eclectician
                            • Nov 2006

I can't see the attached graphic so what I would suggest is follow gonwk's suggestions. Usually the first time I burn a rewritable DVD in Imgburn it will insist on formatting it. Have you done so? Also even if everything is "right" sometimes stand-alone DVD players fumble around loading a supported erasable disc. Best to try an ordinary blank until you get that to work. The other thing is if you have Nero InCD installed then all bets are off.

Comment

• gonwk
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              Lord of Digital Video
                              • Dec 2005

Hi Sam,

For what is worth ... I can't get the picture to open up! Oh Well!

I don't understand why more & more Forums are going to this Flash Based .JPG viewer ... I Don't Like it ... either it does not open ... or when it opens the picture is cropped up so small that you can't even see it ...

I wish Admin read this and Consider changing back to good old days ...

G!
                              Last edited by gonwk; 14 Oct 2008, 05:51 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎