X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drmax
    • Nov 2008

combining 2 movies on one disk...

Is dvd flick able to put more than one movie on a dvd? I "own" several dvd and thought I could do this. I'll keep researching and thx for any help.
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by drmax
    Is dvd flick able to put more than one movie on a dvd? I "own" several dvd and thought I could do this. I'll keep researching and thx for any help.
    Hi Dr Max!

Well yes it can ... but each DVD that you own it has about 5 to 7.5GB of data on it ... so combining 2 DVDs and putting it on one DVD (DVD-5 = Single Layer) ... you will loose Quality.

Are you sure that is what you want to do.

Or do you want to convert your DVDs to AVI's and then Archive 3 or 4 owned Movie DVDs onto 1 DVD!?!?

G!

Comment

• drmax
      • Nov 2008

Originally Posted by gonwk
      Hi Dr Max!

Well yes it can ... but each DVD that you own it has about 5 to 7.5GB of data on it ... so combining 2 DVDs and putting it on one DVD (DVD-5 = Single Layer) ... you will loose Quality.

Are you sure that is what you want to do.

Or do you want to convert your DVDs to AVI's and then Archive 3 or 4 owned Movie DVDs onto 1 DVD!?!?

G!
      oh, I see. Avi smaller files. A regular dvd is mpeg? If I were to remove all the stuff I don't need, like subtitles, different languages and the such and just burn the main title?

Example and for experimenting. I own jfk and is a 2 disk movies. If I rip it down to just the main titles and keep it in a dvd quality format (mpeg)
      would it fit?
      I'm learning and this is very interesting.

Thank you

Comment

• Chewy
        Super Moderator
        • Nov 2003

We don't discuss ripping/backing up protected movies

sorry thread closed

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢