X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Wal-Mart to Bow $128 Blu-ray Player Black Friday

Wal-Mart Stores, which previously has championed the traditional day-after Thanksgiving Black Friday retail sales day, is reportedly set to sell the Magnavox Profile 1.1 Blu-ray player for $128, the lowest retail price for a BD player.
    Wal-Mart Stores, which previously has championed the traditional day-after Thanksgiving Black Friday retail sales day, is reportedly set to sell the Magnavox Profile 1.1 Blu-ray player for $128, the lowest retail price for a BD player.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Hi Admin,

How do you find these posts!!! Looks like is going to be an awfully early Friday Morning for me!

Thanks!

G!

Comment

• ed klein
      Banned
      • Mar 2004

Thats fine if the Blu-ray hardware player will play the type of Blu-ray disk you want it to.

Like homemade compliant Blu-ray structures on BD-5, BD-9, BD-R, BD-RE.

I am a hardware player fan for hi def Blu-ray playing, I am NOT a software hi def fan, there are way too many problems with hi def software players on media center PC's.

Blu-ray Players, specifications and release dates for new and upcoming Blu-ray Players, including Blu-ray Player reviews and much more.

Check out this web site and plug-in the values or options you want your hardware Blu-ray player to do, and see what Blu-ray player will come up that you can buy.

This is the hardware Blu-ray player I use for playing homemade compliant Blu-ray structures on BD-5, BD-9, BD-R, BD-RE.

Sony BDP-S301

Probably can't get it at Walmart, (at Costco you can) but it plays any homemade compliant Blu-ray structure I throw at it.

P.S.
      $128. because its profile 1.1 (outdated) won't play any new forthcoming BD+ source ROM disks (future interaction on Blu-ray disks with internet connection)
      Last edited by ed klein; 22 Nov 2008, 10:00 AM.

Comment

• gonwk
        Lord of Digital Video
        Lord of Digital Video
        • Dec 2005

Hi Ed,
        THANKS for the heads up and looking out for lil ol me!
        I am going to wait till they drop a little more ... I don't have to have one yet.

Thanks again!

G!

Comment

• doctorhardware
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2006

You will see the prices drop even lower then that.
          Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
            NOT an online superstore
            • Oct 2005

This is the hardware Blu-ray player I use for playing homemade compliant Blu-ray structures on BD-5, BD-9, BD-R, BD-RE.
            Will the PS3 play that stuff? I'm still thinking of getting a PS3 as my primary Blu-Ray player...
            CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
            Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
            My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡