X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

MPAA Urges Obama to Embrace Internet Filtering

The Motion Picture Association of America is urging the incoming Obama administration to adapt internet filtering technology to block illicit file sharing of motion pictures and television shows.
    The Motion Picture Association of America is urging the incoming Obama administration to adapt internet filtering technology to block illicit file sharing of motion pictures and television shows. The Hollywood studio lobbying organization, in a position paper posted on Obama’s transition website — change.gov — writes that a top priority is "the fight against online […]
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

Wow, that's totally against the first amendment... isn't it?

If that happens, I'm moving to Canada
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• ed klein
      Banned
      • Mar 2004

This might be a good test for Obama, I wonder how much $$$$$ and kickbacks the MPAA and the Sony team will be offering Obama and his staff, and how they will get it in the back door without anyone knowing about it.

In Obama speech for the president, he said he would not allow lobbiest to influence him, WILL WE SEE HOW TRUE THAT IS.

ANY BETS ON THE OUTCOME?

Comment

• drfsupercenter
        NOT an online superstore
        • Oct 2005

I bet he'll last a couple months but eventually his agency will give in to the MAFIAA,,, I mean MPAA

Though I really hope he'll stick to what he said and not give in. Because I find all this anti-piracy stuff to be ludacris as is... and it seems like it'll only get worse.
        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
        Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• doctorhardware
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2006

Obama may be short lived any ways he has the IL governors stink on him. He is going to be watched very closely, I believe he knows this. He has to fly above board and straight. He does not want to draw attention to himself.

Warner is trying to force the top Universities to institute a music tax. If this happens, all students would be assessed this tax. That would be totally unfair as not all students download music and movies. It is taxation without representation. Another move by the greedy to get more money.
          Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• drfsupercenter
            NOT an online superstore
            • Oct 2005

But if they have a music tax, does that mean they won't sue people for downloading music?

But yeah, I'm totally against anything like that. Next year when I'm in college, I'll likely just get my own plan with WideOpenWest or someone and not use their public bandwidth. That or use the free Wi-Fi that many cities here have now...
            CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
            Visit my website!!

My DVD Collection

Comment

• ed klein
              Banned
              • Mar 2004

Years ago, when Wi-Fi first came out I used to know a guy in California going around in his car with a laptop computer with a software sniffer in the computer trying to find free Wi-Fi hot spots.

Wi-Fi hot spots are fairly free now, around university's, college campus, airports, motels and even McDonalds hamburgers has free Wi-Fi now.

But today, I am sure you have more protection for the network and service fee's for the software and equipment.

McDonalds has the free network but you pay the costs for the equipment to get on to the network.

P.S.
              If you were approximately 100ft from your neighbor and he/she has Wi-Fi you could snag (tap-in) his/her Wi-Fi
              hot spot.
              Last edited by ed klein; 12 Dec 2008, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎