Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BR7
    He is coming to your little town!
    • Aug 2005

are you sure that it will make a difference wether you transport a 5.1 DD signal via hdmi or coax
    I don't think a regular 5.1 DD would make any difference in sound using HDMI or coax.He was saying there wasn't a difference in sound between regular DD and DTS HD or DD True HD(unless I misunderstood him).The difference between regular DD and HD sound is night and day.

The only downfall of the PS3 is that there are no analog out puts,your forced to use HDMI or opticle.One could use a Blu-ray player that has the analog and plug in to a receiver that doesn't support HDMI and has the analog and get loss less sound.Not sure how well it works.I never tried it just read about it
    Last edited by BR7; 29 Dec 2008, 04:51 PM.

My Blu-ray Collection

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

Just watched TDK on Blu-ray. The AR changes were noticeable, as I already knew of them so I did look out for them, but they weren't distracting. Still a great movie even on the second watch (originally watched in cinemas).

Also tried out the digital copy included. Didn't think it would work in Australia, but it did, and the quality was acceptable (1.42 GB and a 695 MB portable version), although not a patch on a proper "rip". It's the same "mixed AR" version as the main movie.
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• drfsupercenter
        NOT an online superstore
        • Oct 2005

Wait, there's a portable one?
        Is that the Windows Media version?

I used the iTunes version already, and it's funny that you can re-use the code and get BOTH versions with a single code. I'll have to try the other one too, so I can compare the quality side-by-side.

And one thing that surprised me is that WB is actually offering the Digital Copy to people who own even the single disc DVD. They just have to go to a certain website and type in the code to get a downloadable version. So much for having to pay more to get one. (I actually like that... because I would never, EVER, pay extra for a DRM'ed copy if it wasn't forced like the 3-disc Narnia set)

I saw The Dark Knight once in the normal cinema and once in the IMAX. Therefore I already saw both original versions. While the Blu-Ray version isn't too distracting, I'm really disappointed about how they tilt-and-scanned it. I realize they couldn't logically have it in 1.44:1 but they could have at least offered those scenes separately... the second disc of my DVD set has them in 1.44:1, just not inserted into the film. (And here's where encoding comes in handy )
        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
        Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
        My DVD Collection

Comment

Working...
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡