Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HowardBrazee
    • Jul 2008

Connecting my Blu-ray to my LAN

I got a Panasonic DMP-BD35 Blu-ray disk player for Christmas. I want to hook it up to the Internet. I have a D-link DI-524 which is not powerful enough to reach from my basement to the 1st floor, so I paid someone a couple of years ago to fish some Ethernet cable to my wife's computer on the 2nd floor. I also use Ethernet to connect to my computer and my printer.

I also got a Wii for Christmas (my grandchildren will love it). To connect it to the Internet, I bought an Apple AirPort Express, and plugged it into my final Ethernet out plug of my router. That allowed me to connect to the Wii after I told my Wii my WPA password.

That doesn't help me sufficiently for my Blu-ray drive. It doesn't have a wireless receiver, nor a place (that I have found) to enter WPA passwords.

What do you recommend for me to consider to connect my Blu-ray?
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

You can actually get a wireless LAN bridge and connect to its Ethernet port. Simple place the bridge close to your Blu-ray player and connect a cable from the player to it, the bridge will then connect to your existing wireless network.

Make sure you get a bridge, and not another wireless router or device without bridging facilities. This one will work, for example:

Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

Working...