X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Blu-ray buyers still support cheaper DVD

About half of all Blu-ray discs are purchased at the $20+ price point, about the same as common new release retail pricing for standard DVD during the format’s early years. However, many consumers are balking at Blu-ray’s current premium over standard DVD, according to NPD entertainment analyst Russ Crupnick.

There's a nice graph that breaks down the price points for DVD and Blu-ray, where it shows that 66% of Blu-ray movies sold are over $20, whereas 83% of DVDs are under $20 (only 17% of DVDs are over $20).
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • dr_ml422
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • May 2007

Economics will always determine the majority rule. Why spend $10 more on a so so flic or even a better flic that would suffice when you could purchase it on DVD? W/e the outcome we'll all be there sooner or later w/w/e format or avenue is both the most convenient $$$ wise and player/user availability friendly. As soon as I get my HDTV I'll be making more decisions concerning the method of viewing and storing. Storage could be compatible though as I think the available players will opt to have a way to connect a hard drive or w/e else into it to view your flics. They have to. That's the ticket to purchasing one in the first place.
    SAMSUNG SH-S203B, SAMSUNG SH-S223F,

Take the suggestions and follow the directions. The results will speak for themselves.

Google is definitely our friend.

Comment

Working...