X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • admin
    Administrator
    • Nov 2001

Obama, Congress to Legislate Net Neutrality, Copyright Rewrite in '09

The new Democratic controlled government has ambitious plans for the internet and more

-- snip --

Aaron Cooper, counsel to Patrick Leahy (D-VT) in the Senate Judiciary Committee, says that his among the top items that his boss will seek to legislation during Barack Obama's term are performance rights and Net neutrality legislation. This legislation will likely include provisions blocking internet "speed lanes" and also block telecoms from implement data caps on "unlimited" connections, and perhaps to provide users with more overage protection.
    Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog
  • drfsupercenter
    NOT an online superstore
    • Oct 2005

So is this good or bad?

I know Comcast is one of these evil ISPs that throttles their customers' service with that "speed booster" thing they keep advertising... luckily for us, WideOpenWest is a good service provider and our speed is always as advertised unless there's a problem with their servers.

So it's saying he's gonna make it legal to record digital stuff to your computer? Or the other way around? I thought that was already legal, LOL
    CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
    Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
    My DVD Collection

Comment

• admin
      Administrator
      • Nov 2001

The linked article has more info about Net Neutrality means, but it's a good thing for keeping the Internet the way it is, and not let big media dictate what we can and cannot look at online.
      Visit Digital Digest and dvdloc8.com, My Blog

Comment

• drfsupercenter
        NOT an online superstore
        • Oct 2005

Oh.

Thought it was with regards to anti-piracy stuff.
        CYA Later:

d̃ŗf̉śŭp̣ễr̀çëǹt̉ếř
        Visit my website!!

Cool Characters Make your text cool
        My DVD Collection

Comment

• Abuilder
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          Digital Video Enthusiast
          • Oct 2006

Admin
          Interesting snip.
          A new cell phone & wireless broadband company just started opening stores here in SE Wisc. They have locations throughout the US but are new here and soon to open locations in the Chicago area. This company called Cricket advertises “UNLIMITED” with their Cell phones and broadband but if you read the fine print the broadband has a 5GB per month limit in place. I called a few of the local stores inquiring about this limit and all I got from the sales people and store managers was that it was in place to protect “me”. Horse Sh&%!!!.
          Well to make s long story short, I didn’t bite for the $40 a month “UNLIMITED” wireless service.
          Judging by the amount of overpriced Cricket proprietary USB modems and cheap (junk) cell phones that people are trying to dump on the local Craigslist.org. Cricket has made a really lousy debut since their on-slot of store openings since Dec 1 of 08 in the Milwaukee area.
          I can’t help but wonder if Obama’s staff caught wind of Crickets plans on attacking the Chicago area with their less than truthful promotions also.
          They tried to Assimilate me and failed!

Comment

Working...
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎