Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Take Off to Italy Right Now On Line (Video + Stills)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • IntBerExplorer
    • Dec 2005

Take Off to Italy Right Now On Line (Video + Stills)

My film "Gondola With the Wind 2" can be seen on the web if you have a high speed internet connection. The video features Rome, Florence, Venice, Pompeii, Capri, Pisa, and many other parts of north and south Italy.

This is a free, non-commercial, streaming video on the Windows Media Player. No ads and no strings attached. I sell absolutely nothing.

My video site is:

http://intrepidberkeleyexplorer.com/Video.html

With any modem you can view a gallery of still pictures from my trips to Italy at:

http://intrepidberkeleyexplorer.com/Page14.html

There are over 30 of my other amateur travel videos on-line covering all 7 continents, including trips to China, Australia, Russia, Antarctica, American National Parks, an African safari, Egypt, Peru, Mayan pyramids, Berlin & Paris, Greece and Turkey; see whales, penguins, or polar bears. One of these films is the original “Gondola With the Wind”, filmed seven years before Gondola 2. It begins with Italy, followed by Eastern Europe.

The planet is yours, including my Home Page giant galaxy of still pictures at:

http://intrepidberkeleyexplorer.com/

Viva Italia!

The Intrepid Berkeley Explorer
    Attached Files
    Last edited by IntBerExplorer; 22 Nov 2009, 05:17 AM. Reason: new urls
  • gonwk
    Lord of Digital Video
    Lord of Digital Video
    • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by IntBerExplorer
    ... There are over 30 of my other amateur travel videos on-line covering all 7 continents, including trips to China, Australia, Russia, Antarctica, American National Parks, an African safari, Egypt, Peru, Mayan pyramids, Berlin & Paris, Greece and Turkey; ...

Viva Italia!
    So Intrpid ... do you have a job or just comfortably wealthy ... so you can Travel so much!

Nice Pictures ... I haven't done the Videos yet ... kinda busy!

Thanks,

G!

Comment

• IntBerExplorer
      • Dec 2005

how did I manage to travel?

gonwk

I get asked this question fairly often.

No big secret here. I had a civil service job as an attorney for a California state agency that lasted nearly 22 years. With a professional salary and generous vacation time, which I carefully used only for trips, it was easy to develop a pattern of about two trips a year starting in 1990.

1990 was also the year I bought my first video camera. The jump from analog to digital was in 2002, the year I retired. But I've kept traveling, now adding some tricks to the more recent videos. I have been lucky and received essential technical help on the server.

It's still a fun hobby, and I appreciate being able to post my videos and stills here on Digital Digest.

Comment

• PurpleDemon
        Digital Video Expert
        Digital Video Expert
        • Mar 2006

Well Thank You in doing so.

I will never make it to those places, but the way you bring it across it is like being there.

I always look forward to your postings.

Comment

• gonwk
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by IntBerExplorer
          ... This is a free, non-commercial, streaming video on the Windows Media Player. No ads and no strings attached. I sell absolutely nothing. ...

Hi Intrepid ...

Just out of curiosity why are you posting your Videos in Streaming Format!?!? Ties up bandwidth for some of us who sometimes are still on a slow-poke dial up!

Thanks,

G!

Comment

• doctorhardware
            Lord of Digital Video
            Lord of Digital Video
            • Dec 2006

Nice job and very much appreciated.
            Star Baby Girl, Born March,1997 Died June 30th 2007 6:35 PM.

Comment

• IntBerExplorer
              • Dec 2005

gonwk,

I earlier mentioned getting technical help with the server. Back in the fall of 2002, a professional computer programmer and I set up this system. I could film and edit the videos, while he placed them on a server to be streamed. Certainly I rarely knew what I was doing, and streaming video seemed all there was.

Quite likely different options are now available, but I could not name any of them, nor have a clue about format conversions. I'm still horribly non-technical, comfortable with keeping to a proven approach.

Comment

Working...
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎