X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

Using AviSynth with Flick?

I just installed the new Flick 1.3.0.5 and I'm curious to try to get around the "text only" subtitle support by using AviSynth. In FAVC AviSynth scripts are generated and run, so you can edit and just load the plugin at the beginning and add a VobSub() call at the end to hard code graphic idx/sub subs into the video. But with Flick I have no clue. Anyone know of guides that incorporate AviSynth usage in Flick or maybe even some .avs scripts that are Flick oriented?

• MilesAhead
    Eclectician
    • Nov 2006

From messing around I got this work-around if all you have is idx/sub graphical subs and don't mind hard coding them into the video. Make a three line AviSynth script:

#load VSFilter plugin.. I have FAVC and it already has it installed
    LoadPlugin("C:\FAVC\Avisynth Plugins\VSFilter.dll")
    DirectShowSource("C:\DVD\MyMovie.avi")
    VobSub("C:\DVD\MyMovie")

The idx/sub subtitle pair in this instance have the same basename as the .avi file. Also I used VobSubStrip freeware to make sure there's only one subtitle set in the idx/sub pair. There may be other ways of selecting the language but I didn't run across it yet. This works and VobSubStrip does the job very quickly.

You can drag & drop that script onto Flick just as if it was a video file.
    Then just kick it off.

Comment

• gonwk
      Lord of Digital Video
      Lord of Digital Video
      • Dec 2005

Hi Miles,

Changing gear on you ... for FAVC, I am assuming you are using 64-bit version on your Vista 64-bit.

Q1: What version of Vista do you have?

Q2: Besides Vista Codec Pack ... what "Other" Codecs have you installed on you rPC to get this darn FAVC working for you?

Q3: BTW, do you "Tick" use FFDShow on the last tab for FAVC?

Thanks,

G!

Comment

• MilesAhead
        Eclectician
        • Nov 2006

I have Vista Home Premium 64 bit SP1.

The only other thing I installed to get FAVC working is AviSynth 2.5.8

I don't tick the "DirectShowSource"

What do you have for FAVC audio processing? Are you using Aften or QuEnc?

I think this is the fourth or fifth time you asked me about FAVC on 64 bit so I'm curious what doesn't work? Does it just crap out with no error msg or what?

Comment

• gonwk
          Lord of Digital Video
          Lord of Digital Video
          • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by MilesAhead
          ...What do you have for FAVC audio processing? Are you using Aften or QuEnc?

I think this is the fourth or fifth time you asked me about FAVC on 64 bit so I'm curious what doesn't work? Does it just crap out with no error msg or what?
          Miles,

I am stumped. I don't have my laptop on right now and I was getting ready to jam ... since I have to move my cousin while the Rain has stopped.

Q1: But, I am sure about the Audio ... which one do you use!?!?

The error says the Host Processing stopped. BTW, it goes thru generating the files BUT does not combine the Audio and Vidoe for the final Output.

I will post more later ...

And I hear you ... you are getting Tired of me whining ... OK, I promise I will stop!

Thanks,

G!

Comment

• MilesAhead
            Eclectician
            • Nov 2006

If it craps out doing the muxing try setting the bitrate down to about 4000. For some reason FAVC seems to be sensitive to the number of input files too. If I put in 2 .avi files and set the bitrate to anything over 4000 it often craps out. If I combine the 2 avi files with AviDemux, just using append, sometimes I can set the bitrate up as high as 6000.
            It's finicky. Try setting bitrate for either HC or QuEnc to 4000 and set audio AC3 to use QuEnc. See if it starts completing.

Comment

• gonwk
              Lord of Digital Video
              Lord of Digital Video
              • Dec 2005

Originally Posted by MilesAhead
              ... Try setting bitrate for either HC or QuEnc to 4000 and set audio AC3 to use QuEnc. See if it starts completing.
              Well Miles,

You did it man ... this combo at least gave me an output DVD with my clip sample.

However, I am still getting something stopped NOT from FAVC but may be something from FAVC causing that behavior ... when I am able to capture the screen I will post it just for curiosity.

But I wish Mr. Odwin would respond ... I think he might have just stopped developing the FAVC ... he seems just to be gone.

Thanks again,

G!
              Last edited by gonwk; 18 Feb 2009, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• MilesAhead
                Eclectician
                • Nov 2006

You're welcome. I don't know what happened to Mr O. I haven't noticed him on any ng anyplace. I like FAVC quite a bit so I'm hoping he'll keep perfecting it.

Comment

Working...
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎